Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoProtects and safeguards the premises, grounds, property, personnel and operations of the Bank. Performs post, patrol, surveillance, and emergency/safety functions as assigned. Operates advanced security, surveillance, and safety equipment on posts and in CAMS center. Promotes good law enforcement relations with customers, while balancing the law enforcement needs of the Bank. Meets weapons qualification and other in-service training requirements. Develops knowledge and seeks certification in areas of specialization valuable to the department such as firearms, emergency medical training, CPR, defensive tactics, field training, etc. May attend specialized training or required training for recertification. Possesses and demonstrates strong knowledge and understanding of FRLE policies, procedures, the Bank's organizational structure and building layout. The level of work required is considered intermediate and staff must be able to work under general supervision. This job does not have any direct reports. Must be willing to work all shifts.
- Operates as a law enforcement officer pursuant to authority given by the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act; authorized personnel act as law enforcement officers pursuant to the regulations of the Board of Governors and approved by the U.S. Attorney General (Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers).
- Must attend and successfully complete Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Will need to travel for approximately six weeks to attend the basic training course) and complete and maintain all required certifications and trainings to become and remain a sworn federal law enforcement officer.
- Possesses and demonstrates ongoing learning, including job knowledge, and a strong working knowledge of all 7th District policies, procedures, and responsibilities in support of FRLEO Regulations and applicable law.
- Prepares and completes written reports as necessary or when directed by a supervisor.
- Is entrusted with sensitive or classified information and maintains appropriate confidentiality. Knowledgeable regarding the Bank’s organizational structure, tenants, and building layouts.
- Meets firearms and other Law Enforcement equipment training qualification requirements as outlined in FRLE Training Manual and completes other training as assigned or required.
- Performs assigned post operations duties including standing and walking up to 8 hours or more; responds to protective alarm signals; responds and reacts to any unusual or suspicious activities or unauthorized personnel; perform uniformed executive protection assignments; operates and monitors metal detectors, wands, and x-ray machines for the detection of weapons, explosive devises, or any other unauthorized items.
- Performs assigned patrol duties including maintaining and safeguarding the physical perimeter, exterior and interior perimeters of the Bank property; inspects departments/Bank and areas immediately surrounding the Bank for safety and/or security violations; addresses and reports findings to Officer in Charge (OIC).
- Monitors equipment including surveillance, intercoms, telephones, radios, and other specialized equipment to perform law enforcement duties; directs and inspects personnel and vehicular ingress/egress in controlled secured areas.
- Responds and provides emergency services (i.e., fires, medical response, civil disturbances, or other immediate threats to life) as needed; may support or provide training for supplemental functions such as testing of fire extinguishers, firefighting, liaison training, etc.
- Evaluates and responds to sensitive and potentially dangerous situations using good judgment and appropriate degree of physical force or weaponry; makes lawful arrests and/or detentions.
- Supports the development of new hires by assisting with training as needed, setting a positive example, and helping new hires feel as welcomed members of LEU.
- Contributes to department morale through positive actions and behaviors.
- May participate in work groups or assist with projects.
- May perform special assignments, (i.e., K-9, Emergency Medical Technician, Executive Protection Detail, Honor Guard, Trainer), or other duties as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technological developments in Law Enforcement field by reading and reviewing professional literature.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years of work experience in military, security, or law enforcement preferred; higher levels education in lieu of experience may be considered.
- An Honorable Discharge for any past U.S. military service, where applicable.
- Applies sound judgment and makes timely decisions in accordance with department policies and procedures; acts when outcomes of events are unclear.
- Communicates and interacts with others, both internally and externally, in an inclusive and respectful manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, circumstances, and incidents.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of PC and related software, computerized access and controls systems, video surveillance equipment, x-ray and metal screening equipment and various alarm systems
- Able to learn other computer-based training applications.
- Successful completion of initial, and any subsequent, criminal background check
- Must pass pre-employment psychological and physical examinations administered by Bank-designated physician.
- Must pass initial and subsequent drug tests based on nationally accepted drug screening standards which includes screening for marijuana.
- Minimum age of 21, permitted under Federal law to possess firearms and ammunition.
- Must be available to work overtime and/or be on call for additional shifts including nights, weekends, weekdays, or holidays, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Wears appropriate uniform and carries and operates all issued equipment as outlined in LEU policies and procedures and FRSLE Training Manual.
- Maintains a record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Meets physical requirements of the job as outlined in In Service Training documentation.
- Some exposure to noise conditions when qualifying for weapons, exposure to work outside; may work in inclement weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, etc.)
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
- This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off and transit benefit.
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career.
- Onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.