FR Law Enforcement Captain
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas – Houston Branch is seeking a self-motivated, versatile Captain position under the direction of an assistant chief, equivalent rank or higher, lead the day-to-day operations on an assigned watch within the Law Enforcement Unit. You will plan, direct, monitor and supervise the workflow of Federal Reserve Bank Law Enforcement Officers (FRLEO’s) assigned to the shift. You will perform and oversee administrative duties; lead teams, projects and tasks as assigned and support District Law Enforcement (DLE) and Bank mission, vision, priorities, goals and objectives.
- Create a climate where people feel connected to their work, their team, and the organization, and give their best to help the Bank achieve its priorities; hold self and team accountable for consistently achieving desired results
- Apply strong interpersonal, communication, coaching and career development skills; provide ongoing feedback regarding performance and development
- Apply sound judgment and decision-making skills, demonstrate critical thinking and logical thought processes, and uses law enforcement/security experience to handle moderate to complex situations using negotiation skills to resolve conflict
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges, while maintaining alignment with System and Bank priorities
- Provide accurate and timely communication of information to all staff; conduct individual and team meetings regularly to facilitate effective communication of policies, procedures, shift coverage and other pertinent information
- Effectively communicating upper management decisions and rationale to staff and communicating staff issues to upper management
- Oversee, operate and or monitor all Bank security and life safety systems, including but not limited to, access control and alarm systems, x-ray machines and metal detectors, radio systems, video surveillance systems, voice evacuation system, and hazardous materials gear
- Oversee and or perform safety and security duties, as needed; report violations and findings in a timely manner to management; prepare incident reports ensuring all necessary facts and witnesses have been identified related to security issues and/or unlawful or prohibited activities
- Participate in the implementation, and compliance of policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or materials
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Analyze service needs and resources to help determine objectives in support of DLE strategic goals and communicate recommendations in oral or written form
- Manage assigned financial and supply resources as required
- Participate in the screening or interviewing and support onboarding process for new hires as directed
- Use independent judgment, making routine and non-routine decisions within scope of responsibilities
- Ensure that daily administrative tasks and required reviews are completed; facilitates information dissemination essential for effective/efficient DLE operations; lead roll call briefings and /or prepare shift schedules/assignments, etc.
- Support the ultimate direction of the department and Bank
- Execute disaster preparedness for business continuity
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in criminal justice, public administration, or related field
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in in Federal, State, Municipal or Military law enforcement
- Minimum age of 21 or older. Valid driver`s license issued by the state of residence and must not be prohibited from being licensed or driving in any U.S. state
- Operate as a law enforcement officer pursuant to authority given by the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act; authorized personnel act as law enforcement officers pursuant to the regulations of the Board of Governors and approved by the U.S. Attorney General (Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers)
- Thorough knowledge of Eleventh District bank wide policies and procedures. Thorough knowledge of Bank`s organizational structure including building layout
- Demonstrate proficiency with handling routine problems independent of upper management involvement making decisions within established parameters, guidelines and policies
- Proven strong customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relations with assigned officers, and to communicate effectively with others
- May assume leadership role in accomplishing specialty assignments (e.g. SLES, SRT, EPS, or FTO).
- Ability to effectively meet all FRLEO requirements and perform all duties of the FRLEO job classification
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
This role supports the ongoing operation of the Bank and requires working onsite at the Federal Reserve work location 100% of the time.
- Must be examined by a physician selected by the Bank and be certified as physically fit for duty as a FRLEO.
- Physical demands of the position include, but are not limited to: standing, walking, or climbing several flights of stairs regularly; run, climb, crouch, or crawl occasionally; lift 25 to 50 pounds, frequently; and lift 100 pounds or more occasionally.
- Be examined by a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist selected by the Bank and be certified as mentally fit for duty as a FRLEO.
- Show no trace of illegal drug dependency or illegal drug use after a physical examination and NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) approved tests.
- If the applicant is a former law enforcement officer, the applicant may not have been separated from their license under less than honorable conditions, nor can their license be under suspension or revoked by the licensing agency or authority.
- If the applicant has former military service, the applicant may not have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions as stipulated on an official DD-214 or similar document.
- Must not have been convicted of a: felony; class A misdemeanor; class B misdemeanor in the ten years before the date of application to become a FRLEO; or class C misdemeanor involving: violence, theft, deception, drugs, alcohol, public safety or moral turpitude, other than minor traffic offenses, in the five years before the date of application to become a FRLEO; or family violence offense.
- Must not be indicted/awaiting trial or subject to any court order relating to a criminal prosecution.
- Must not be prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition. The chief will make the final hiring/promoting decision on all applicants.
- For purposes of these procedures, a conviction includes court-ordered community supervision, probation, deferred adjudication, or any plea that requires an acknowledgement of guilt, including nolo contendere.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftSecond (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.