Bank Examiner/Risk Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Bank Examiner/Risk Specialist to lead and participate in examinations and inspections as part of the continuous supervision model for banks and bank holding companies in our Regional Banking Organization (RBO) portfolio (assets between $10-$100 billion). In this role, you will assess risks and risk management practices associated with credit, liquidity, market, operational, legal, compliance, and overall governance frameworks of supervised organizations. Our team of examiners is responsible for supervising a portfolio of institutions, including state member banks (SMB), which provides opportunities for you to lead and participate in supervisory events within our team and across the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (FRB Dallas) RBO portfolio. This role may also include serving as a Central Point of Contact for a supervised institution.
You will also have opportunities to contribute to Federal Reserve System (FRS), FRB Dallas, and Departmental initiatives by participating on committees and projects. These activities will require you to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. The FRS and FRB Dallas also offer extensive opportunities for training.
We use a hybrid work schedule that allows remote work, but requires some weekly on-site work in the office as well as onsite work at financial institutions to conduct inspections and examinations (approximately 30% travel to institutions for this role).
- Analyze bank policies, procedures, and controls related to safety and soundness examinations and inspections
- Develop work papers to document your analysis and support your conclusions
- Collaborate with examiners, risk specialists, internal management, representatives from Texas Department of Banking and other regulatory agencies, and staff from the Board of Governors to formulate and recommend a variety of regulatory assessments and findings
- Share your views and be open to, and respectful of, others’ views and perspectives
- Be open to feedback and willing to coach and develop others
- Build and maintain strong relationships with examination team members and business lines
- Participate in, or lead supervisory events of, other institutions within our team’s or FRB Dallas’ RBO portfolio
- Potentially develop and execute a financial institution’s supervisory plan, compile the annual risk assessment, and lead the annual inspection/examination as the primary contact between the FRB Dallas and institution management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, audit or other business-related field of study
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in banking, financial services, or banking supervision
- Examination Commission preferred
- Sound knowledge of any of the following considered a plus: credit, capital markets, liquidity, market risk, enterprise risk management, compliance, operations, or fiduciary activities
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
- Ability to work well in a team environment while providing strong leadership
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.