Cafe Line - Support Services Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaAs an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta – New Orleans Branch
Employee Dining Room and Limited Meeting and Catering Space
Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:00pm*
*Occasionally may need to stay until 2:30pm
Customer Service Oriented
- We do breakfast and lunch Monday – Friday for our Employee Cafeteria that serves on average 30-40 people for breakfast and 75-145 people for lunch as well as banquets for up to 60ppl for breakfast or lunch.
- Occasional weekends and the occasional PM shift but those are done by 7:00pm generally.
- Must have reliable transport to be able to start work at 6:00am
- Must have 5-7 years of kitchen experience to include knife skills, food safety and sanitation, organization, plate presentation
- Primarily working Grill and serving the hotline for breakfast and lunch – prep work throughout the day
- Will need to assist of hot line/banquet prep and production at times
- Ability to work Grill (flat top) for breakfast and lunch items
- Cold Salad Prep
- Cold breakfast Prep
- Breakfast Grill, Omelets, Eggs Any Style
- Limited Baking, muffins from ready-made batter
- Setup/Breakdown of Cold Breakfast Bar
- Setup/Breakdown of Hot Breakfast Line
- Lunch Grill, burgers, Philly cheese steaks, grilled chicken breast
- Deep fryer
- Will be required to wash dishes at times.
- Maintain, clean, and set-up coffee brewer for
- Keep Prep Cooler in kitchen and area on the front line clean organized, and stocked
- Expected to assist in banquet prep and execution
- Assist when needed correctly putting up deliveries
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Able to follow directions
- Professional look and demeanor
- Excellent sanitation knowledge, ServSafe
- Be comfortable engaging with guests as they come through the line to be served
- Some Server/Waitstaff experience a plus
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.