Law Enforcement Officer - Group Leader
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe Group Leader position is a sworn Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer (FRLEO) position responsible for organizing operations, service activities and assisting the Lieutenant and/or Chief in a variety of special program and administrative areas. While the position may respond to calls for service, the primary responsibilities are the coordination of daily operational activities and direction and oversight of staff activity on the group leader’s assigned shift.
- Plan, assign, and monitor staff assignments and provide basic training to staff and others
- Acts as a role model for other staff by always presenting a positive, supportive, team – oriented and professional image
- Effectively schedule time of self and others and prioritize tasks and activities to ensure timely completion
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- High school diploma, GED or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Bank security procedures, law enforcement, public safety, military or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year experience in the LEU in St. Louis or an 8th District Branch LEU.
- Demonstrated written communication skills in writing reports, procedures, and proposals, and verbal skills in directing, instructing, and coaching staff
- Must have a successful performance record in prior assignments with no disciplinary actions against them for the past one year.
- Demonstrates good public relations, customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan numerous interrelated steps where the results depend upon the nature or sequence of steps taken (Analytical & decision – making skills)
- Demonstrated techniques for dealing with and solving the problems presented by a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, in person and over the telephone, often when relations may be confrontational or stressed.
- Demonstrates proper safety practices and equipment related to the work, including the safe use and proper care of firearms
- Demonstrated understanding of law enforcement principles, practices and techniques related to unique FRLEO authority and mission to ensure protection of life and property
- Thorough knowledge of Law Enforcement Unit policies and procedures and demonstrated ability to function within the scope of these guidelines.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more.
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.