Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWhen you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to foster an inclusive economy that works for everyone. From data-driven insights to cloud transformation, the information technology team moves the SF Fed forward. We use innovative technologies and Agile methods to positively impact everyone across the communities we serve.
Cash ADS has an exciting opportunity to work as a Cloud Data Engineer on the NextGen program as part of two application scrum teams for the Analytics and Integration/Messaging teams.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to be customer focused, drive for success, put an emphasis on teamwork, effective communication, innovation and flexibility and adaptability. The Data Engineer developer is responsible for detailed technical design, development, and support of software applications. They formulate concepts and develop solutions using defined user requirements and are able to interpret requirements and work with the customer to clarify requirements as needed.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
- Develops, tests, implements, and maintains database management applications including Big Data applications
- Constructs and implements operational data stores, data lakes. and data marts
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical designs and implementations
- Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required
- Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes
- Works on one or more projects as a team member designing and developing software applications, testing, and building automation tools
- Excellent writing skills for writing user and system documentation
- Works with other development teams to review and approve database changes according to database design standards and principles
- Integrates data from one or more source systems into data repositories that are optimized for reporting and analytics
- Integrates data from multiple sources and applies complex logic, employing advanced features of integration technologies
- Supports data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies
- Contribute in an agile and collaborative environment to the development, testing, implementation, and review and evaluation of complex solutions.
- Provide programming support for complex solutions, develop software from established requirements, appropriately deploy code, and offer insight on the feasibility of system designs.
- Contribute to the design of technology infrastructure and configurations, recommend process improvements.
- Leads and communicates across technical and business product managers, as well as third parties, on solution design
- Participate in cross-functional team initiatives and process improvement projects.
- Typically requires 5 or more years data engineering, data science, or software engineering experience, including knowledge of AWS cloud technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent experience
- AWS technology certification(s) desired
- Experience working on Agile projects and participate in daily scrums and updates
- Strong analytical ability and technical skill, as well as the ability to provide innovative solutions to technical needs and business requirements.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy.
- Proficient oral and written communication, ability to interact on required information and concepts with people at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient ability to translate highly technical information into non-technical terms.
- Broad knowledge of the concepts, practices, and principles of programming including design, implementation, and testing.
- Ability to interact with customers, understand business requirements and collaborate with team members.
- Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices (S3, DMS, Glue, Lambda, RDS)
- Development/modeling experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience with visualization and ETL tools would be huge plus
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS (Jenkins, GitLab, Terraform, DBMaestro)
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Security like IAM roles/Kerberos/Authz/Wire encryptions
- Experience with REST APIs, Mini Services, Cloud, DevSecOps.
- Experience in JAVA, Python, NodeJS and open-source web languages.
- JSON/XML/SOAP/Xpath/SOAP schema files.
- Messaging based middleware, API's and integration technologies
- Nice to have IBM integration bus/ACE/WebSphere MQ technologies, API-SG/MQ/MFT experience.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or a Green Card holder with intent to become a U.S Citizen
Base Salary Range: Min: $113,600 - Mid: $147,600 - Max: $181,600 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.