Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOverview
We, the FRED Team of the Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, are looking for you, an excellent Data Engineer.
A little about us: The Economic Research Division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is known as one of the top economic research institutions in the world. FRED is known as one of the largest and most popular economic data services in the world; it is free to the public and receives millions of visits each year. FRED’s mission to provide access to data, educate the public, and partner with data providers is an integral part of the mission of the Economic Research Division and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
A little about you: As a Data Engineer on the FRED Agile team, you will work with other data engineers, software engineers, and subject matter experts. You will write production-ready Python code to support the data and metadata pipelines for existing and new data published through FRED and family, which includes the main FRED database, and other web applications such as archival ALFRED. You will contribute to ensuring that the data and metadata in FRED and family are up-to-date, accurate, and accessible.
Success in this role is measured by the contributions to the team’s business goals, understanding of business tradeoffs to recommend viable solutions, and operational excellence to maintain data in FRED.
- Write Python code and develop AWS solutions for end-to-end data processing pipelines, and provide production backup support as needed
- Design, implement, and maintain databases and interfaces for interacting with databases
- Identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams, and document the process
- Determine requirements through discussions with team members, business owners, and other stakeholders
- Validate data and making mass modifications to the data
- Build tools with analytics capabilities embedded to move to a more automated system
- Collaborate with team to ensure appropriate implementation of functional requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, Economics, Finance, or a closely related field or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience writing production-ready Python code, including use of Pandas
- Experience with UNIX / Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with economic data and information
- Can meet commitments and deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment and combination of the following:
- Experience with PostgreSQL, writing production-ready SQL code
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as Lambdas, Step Functions, ECR, SNS, and EventBridge.
- Experience with Docker or containerized application development
- Experience with Git or other version control
- Experience writing production-ready Terraform code
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $107,000 - $113,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
Generous paid time off
Flexible on-site work arrangements
Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
Top-notch health care benefits
Child and family care leave
Professional development opportunities
At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, we believe the Federal Reserve most effectively serves the American public by building a more diverse and inclusive economy. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at all levels of the organization, has been one of our core values for many years and remains strong as we continue enhancing our efforts. Learn more about Bank’s culture.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.