Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ClevelandEntry level Banking Supervision position. The Assistant Examiner provides assistance on examinations/inspections of community and regional banks and bank holding companies. In a developmental capacity, helps to identify and communicate risks through on- and off-site supervisory activities that ensure financial institutions are operating in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with banking laws and regulations
- Participates on examination/inspections and performs assignments prescribed by the examiner-in-charge.
- Helps identify and assess institution-specific risk levels and trends
- Completes assignments through analyzing data/information and conducting meetings/interviews with bank management/personnel to assess performance in a specific function or area.
- Prepares and communicates summary of findings to bank management and examiner-in-charge through meetings and submission of written reports and work papers
- Performs surveillance of selected non-problematic financial institutions, compiling documentation and reports and advising others of issues identified during the review.
- Progress satisfactorily through the CBO Examiner Commissioning Program (ECP) completing assigned / required learning units and satisfying on the job (OTJ) requirements. Complete additional training as prescribed. This includes expanding one's technical skills and competencies through job responsibilities, seeking out and completing new assignments, and keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and developments
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or related field. No prior experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic ability to perform independent research
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Basic knowledge of regulations, procedures and practices of bank examination
- Basic problem solving and analytical
- Basic written and verbal communication
- Basic presentation
- Basic public speaking
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees will be required to travel by car/air.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.