SR. MGR ELECTRICL CONSTRUCT/MAINT
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaThe Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
You will manage and coordinate the operation of, and improvements to, the Bank's electrical distribution systems which include 15kV switch gear and distribution system, emergency power generators, UPS system, alternative energy assets, building management system controls, access control, video surveillance and various low voltage networks and components, etc. You will oversees, direct, and review the electrical designs provided by outside consultants. You will Manage outside contractors engaged to replace electrical equipment and to maintain equipment. Develop budgets, schedules, and logistics for this work. Ensure that all work occurs in a safe and orderly fashion and in compliance with applicable codes and requirements and reviews the department’s processes to ensure that they support applicable codes. You will report to the AVP of Facilities.
What You Will Do:
· Project Manager for electrical infrastructure improvement projects and planning of modernization projects related to all facets of the electrical system.
· Oversee and direct the maintenance and operation of the system by in-house personnel and contractors; develops processes and written procedures for this work.
· Oversee electrical consultants and contractors during design and the execution of work. Assists in the selection of contractors and equipment.
· Participate in the recommendation of contract awards after analyzing proposals and cost estimates submitted by outside contractors.
· Ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and cost estimates through coordinating, directing, and inspecting contract work. Prepares engineering analyses and return on investment calculations for electrical systems.
· Act as a liaison to the electrical service providers and manages relationship with contracted electrical suppliers when necessary.
· Recommend actions related to energy conservation initiatives.
· Translate department's physical requirements into completed engineering drawings and specifications for incidental initiatives; develops plans, schedules, and cost estimates for building projects; coordinates with Procurement Department in preparing and issuing Request for Proposals (RFPs) for repairs, alterations, installations, and construction projects for all departments in the Bank; coordinates electrical activities necessary to complete building improvements with the Bank's Manager of Plant Operations and Construction Project Manager.
· Provide technical assistance in the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems.
· Serve as the highest level internal consultant to senior management on maintaining and managing the Bank's electrical system and capital assets.
· Ensure all electrically related activities comply with current code requirements.
· Keeps abreast of construction industry practices and new trends and developments.
· Collaborate with the Manager of Plant Operations and the electrical supervisor on scheduling work performed by in-house electricians to ensure the proper allocation of qualified resources is applied to meet established goals.
· Collaborate with the Manager of Plant Operations and the electrical supervisor on integrating the appropriate balance of contractor personnel to meet goals and supplement in house skillsets.
· Administer cost center expense and capital budgets. Ensures requisitions and invoices are accurate.
· Work in partnership with HR on personnel activities such as recruitment, hiring, work assignments, training, coaching and counseling, and performance evaluations; exercises usual authority over employees; directs and evaluates journeyman work of all trades used by Facilities Management.
· Prepare various related reports for senior management of the Bank and the Board of Governors (BOG).
· Fulfill job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Subordinates: Yes - Electrical Engineer/Project Manager, Code Compliance Administrator
· Facilities Management Capital Budget - $ 25.0 million
· Annual Operating Budget - $18.0 million.
What You Have:
Education and Experience:
· Electrical Engineering degree plus a minimum of eight years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in construction trades management.
· Professional Engineering licensing is strongly preferred; job related field experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems is highly recommended.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Excellent collaboration skills and experience working in team type environments Comprehensive knowledge of construction trades and costs involved in major construction projects.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, leadership, and organizational skills.
· Excellent technology skills Office 365 , Project and CAD type software, Power Management software.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, walk on uneven terrain, climb stairs & ladders and access confined spaces for equipment inspections.
Because this job is considered a safety sensitive position, following a conditional offer of employment, a drug screen for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, including marijuana, will be required.
The salary grade for this position is: 17.
The job description below reflects the higher level of a dual grade job posting. Candidates who possess a slightly lower level of experience, education, or qualifications may also be considered.
'We offer a great benefits package that features:
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
- Parental Leave
- Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
- All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
- Certain eligibility rules apply. You will provide work authorization to prove their eligibility to work in the United States.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
- This is not a 100% remote opportunity. You will be available to work on-site in at least a hybrid capacity.
- Learn more about the Philly Fed and its culture. Learn more about working for the Philly Fed.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryBuilding Services/Facilities
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.