Summer 2024 Intern - Communications and Outreach
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed: www.dallasfed.org/fed.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June 2023 and will be based in the Dallas office.
Learn more about our internship program: www.dallasfed.org/internships.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Outreach at the Dallas Fed focuses on building relationships with leaders of businesses and communities across the Eleventh District. These relationships are essential to the Dallas Fed in remaining informed and connected with the communities we serve. We utilize a variety of avenues to share the thought leadership of the Dallas Fed with business and community leaders, including roundtable discussions, business leader calls, surveys and seminars/conferences. Our audiences may use the insight we share to make decisions that foster a growing, inclusive economy. We learn from our communities by listening to their needs and understanding the state of their local economies. Some areas of focus include changing labor conditions, prices and wages, inflation, technology and innovation and how the pandemic is changing the current landscape. You will join a dynamic and passionate team with representation across all four of the Dallas Fed’s offices (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and El Paso).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Join outreach practitioners on the team to gather real time data and anecdotes from community leaders. Analyze and report on these engagements.
- Create and deliver presentation related to your outreach work.
- Gather and analyze constituent information to identify areas of opportunity. Share new and innovative ideas on how to strengthen engagement with business and community leaders.
- Support signature Dallas Fed outreach programs and events through audience identification and engagement, planning and day-of execution.
- Learn about relationship building and relationship management with external stakeholders
- Support executive engagement through outreach programming.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Undergraduate entering their Junior or Senior year with a degree in communications, marketing, economics or finance
- Experience in MS Office is required
- Flexible hours
- Professional development opportunities
- Broader networking opportunities across District
- Downtown location with free parking
- 24/7 on-site fitness center (Houston, Dallas)
- On-site café and coffee shop
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.