Systems Admin II
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOverview
We are looking for a Systems Administrator who can support a portfolio of middleware applications running on Microsoft Windows-based workstations and servers. You will support application connectivity and functionality on a corps of servers in a distributed enterprise environment. These high availability applications support important daily operations for the Federal Reserve system. Typical tasks include, resolving systemic operational problems, leading coordination calls, and driving short term projects to resolution. You will be part of our corporate security technology team and specialized training will be provided. You would report to the Operations Support team manager.
- Maintain and configure middleware and server applications.
- Monitor and respond to alerts and escalate issues when needed.
- Provide Tier 3 support and act as escalation point for Tier 2 support.
- Investigate and coordinate the response to hardware failures.
- Resolve incidents, and document actions taken in the trouble ticketing system.
- Implement necessary server vulnerability remediation's and application upgrades to meet security compliance and application integrity.
- Develop and document technical procedures.
- Lead reoccurring technical information calls with partners.
- Maintain scripts used for reporting and monitoring.
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in a professional IT environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with major or specialized courses in an Information Technology related field of study.
- Experience in server administration and middleware support.
- Experience with some combination of the following:
- Support Database systems.
- Scripting solutions.
- Use Trouble ticketing systems.
- Manage devices and platforms.
- Troubleshoot system hardware failures.
- Testing updates offline before installing in Production.
- One or more professional certifications in Information Technology.
- Travel up to 5%
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $102,000 - $112,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education, and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.