Accounts Payable Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About The Role:
Our Shared Services team is seeking an Accounts Payable Analyst to support travel and discretionary expenditures. This position will report to our Shared Services Travel Manager and will work under general direction with minimal supervision in identifying and resolving moderately complex problems and assignments. The Accounts Payable Analyst will handle most regular issues independently, confer with management on unusual matters, and communicate frequently with our internal customers, other FRBs, Audit, and suppliers. The role is also expected to build knowledge of the company/processes/customers, solve a range of straightforward problems, and analyze possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Analyze Accounts Payable items, most specifically travel expense reports, for accuracy and compliance.
- Apply accounting principles, most notable those focusing on Accounts Payable processes, to properly classify, record and analyze multi-source transactional data.
- Performs problem resolution via analysis, reporting, troubleshooting, cause identification and corrective action.
- Interacts and communicates with both internal and external stakeholders. These include, but are not limited to, AP related suppliers, other FRBs and internal departments such as Audit and Legal.
- Researches and assists with the evaluation of processes.
- Provides process improvement recommendations and standardizations
- Participates in projects, providing knowledge to develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures.
- Maintains and reconciles accounts payable accounts and standard reports.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to the FRS guidelines and policies.
- Use a variety of software applications to prepare reports, graphs, and charts for all levels of management.
- Support the creation and maintenance of training materials.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Accounts Payable certification (APS) is a plus. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted.
- 3+ years of professional experience in accounting (1+ years to qualify for Analyst I), preferably within a Shared Services Center or consolidated environment that focuses heavily on customer service.
- Experience in the travel support industry preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including speaking clearly when communicating with stakeholders from support staff to upper management.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, planning, and self-management skills; strategic thinking and independent decision-making. Ability to analyze and report various operational or ad hoc data.
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, and relationship management skills with the ability to handle conflict. Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and various software and ERP packages, including MS Word, Excel, Access database/queries or similar reporting tools, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimePart time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.