Software Engineer - TechEdge Program - Summer 2024
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas CityConsider a career with an organization focused on promoting a healthy regional and national economy. As a software engineer, you will directly contribute to the trust and confidence in the nation’s financial system through challenging work assignments and rewarding professional experiences. We focus on personal development and growth and reward high performance with increasingly complex assignments and promotional opportunities. We encourage software engineers who demonstrate strong leadership skills to pursue a management career path.
TechEdge is an innovative program that gives entry-level talent a chance to take control of their future and inspire change in our organization. We take an intentional approach to both professional and technical development, allowing you to experience different roles that align with your passions. During 9 months as part of the TechEdge program, you will get to experience three different development teams supporting before ultimately moving to a team supporting critical work for the nation’s Central Bank.
What does a Software Engineer do?
• Contributes to analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects, including initiatives supporting, but not limited to payment system modernization, information management and data analytics, and Bank supervision and regulation. Actively engages with complex and diverse technical teams to learn applied concepts of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with an emphasis on agile development and best practices.
• Serves as a “consultant” or advocate to the business by collaborating with customers to formulate technology strategies that facilitate the realization of business goals and objectives.
What skills and experience do Software Engineers need?
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology field required
• Familiarity with software development methodologies, standards, and frameworks.
• Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Are there specific requirements to be a Software Engineer?
Bank employees may not own or control, directly or indirectly, any debt or equity interest in a depository institution and, in certain assignments, in a primary dealer of government securities. A "depository institution" means a bank, a trust company, or any institution that accepts deposits, including a bank chartered under the laws of a foreign country. This restriction also applies to an employee's spouse or minor child. Prospective hires will be required to abide by this restriction and may be asked to divest of their financial holdings as a condition of employment.
• This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
• United States citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien status with at least three or more years of United States residency from the date of legal entry to the United States is required for this position
Please attach a resume. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required.
Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive an email notification if you have been selected to interview
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.