Information Security Associate/ Analyst (Hybrid)
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of PhiladelphiaWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, on, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Reporting to the IT Risk Management Manager, you will protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information assets and computing systems from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
The job description below reflects the higher level of a dual grade job posting. Candidates who possess a slightly lower level of experience, education, or qualifications may also be considered.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze and assess vulnerabilities in the infrastructure (software, hardware, networks), investigate available tools and countermeasures to remedy the detected vulnerabilities, and recommend solutions and best practices.
- Assists in ensuring that Information Security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security.
- Participates in District Information Security, technical, and business function driven projects.
- Assists security subject matter experts in Risk Management reviews and consults on control requirements and compliance with policies (NIST 800-53 etc.).
- Complete FRS Systemwide DevSecOps training and use acquired knowledge to act as a subject matter expert for Application Developers.
- May assist in the creation, implementation, and management of security solutions Participates in District Information Security, technical, and business position-driven projects.
- Help ensure that Information Security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Fulfill job responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.
What You Have:
- Understanding of Information Security fundamentals, techniques and technologies related to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of valued information assets. General knowledge of industry accepted risk assessment and information classification methodologies and strategies.
- Comprehend different Bank operational and business processes and related to Information Security issues, concerns and risk tolerances. Experience with hands-on usage of Microsoft command line tools, Microsoft scripting platforms, Unix/Linux, preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assignments.
Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred, or combination education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Information Technology field, with at least 2 years working directly in an information security capacity preferred.
- Associate of ISC 2, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification, or other Information Security certifications strongly preferred.
The salary grade for this position is: This position is posted as a dual grade 13/14.
This job description reflects the higher level of a dual grade job posting. Candidates who possess a slightly lower level of experience, education, or qualifications may also be considered.
We offer a great benefits package that features:
Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
Employer-funded Pension Plan
Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
Monthly $100 Commuter Allowance
Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement (undergraduate and graduate)
Free onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer eight employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have eight employee resource groups (ERGs) to support a diverse workforce. Abilities (supporting disabilities and allies), African Heritage, Asian-Pacific, Freedom (supporting LQBTQ+ and allies), Talent Forward (supporting career growth), Women United, Working Families and Veterans. ERGs are open to all employees.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia employees must comply with the Bank's ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the Recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics officer if necessary. You should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
Background investigations and drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Candidates for positions deemed as "safety sensitive" will also be screened for the presence of marijuana. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
All employees will be subject to FBI fingerprint / criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
Certain eligibility rules apply. You will provide work authorization to prove their eligibility to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
This is not a 100% remote opportunity. You will be available to work on-site in at least a hybrid capacity.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.