Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer within our CORPAY division. This position falls under our payments line of business and is located in Sacramento, CA. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle from design, implementation, to deployment. Our software runs on Java, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS and ReactJS. We also manage an Android and iOS mobile app. Our platform is built on AWS, Heroku, and other cloud services. You will work closely with engineering management to grow and improve the reliability of our software. You should be a quick-learner, self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
How We Work
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be expected to work in a hybrid environment based either in the Sacramento, CA area or San Mateo,CA area.
FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in office set up
- Company-issued equipment
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Configure, maintain and support CI/CD pipelines that build and deploy software in AWS and Heroku
- Containerize our software and deploy a container orchestration platform such Kubernetes
- Build incident management, operational monitoring, and alerting capabilities to proactively report, troubleshoot, and fix problems.
- Improve automation to eliminate areas for manual intervention
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call support schedule, for our Production environment, to upkeep the company’s uptime SLA
- Work autonomously and be self-disciplined, requiring no supervision
Qualifications & Skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable relevant experience
- Hands-on DevOps development experience
- Experience in documenting technical specifications and requirements
- Ability to multitask and work in nimble, fast-paced development environment
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
Nice to Have but Not Required:
- Experience with integration to ERP systems such as NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Intacct and other similar systems
- Understand ERP modules such as Finance & Accounting, Purchasing, Inventory, etc.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee