Technical Support Specialist l
Technical Support Specialist
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Tech Specialist within our Payments Division. This position falls under our Corporate line of business and is located in Beaverton, OR. In this role the Tech Specialist assists in the payment automation process through daily interaction with customers using our products. This position’s primary duties are assisting with posting and processing payments. Regular duties include product installation and training, detailed payment resolution support and providing testing and development assistance with new and existing integrations. This highly visible position requires strong phone and customer service skills and a high level of proactive problem solving and follow through.
How We Work
As a Tech Specialist I, you will be expected to work in a Hybrid environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned in home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Formal, hands-on training
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Serving as primary point of contact for managing customer software support by phone and email. Troubleshoot, answer questions and explain technical problems, issues and solutions succinctly, patiently and clearly.
- Product installation and customer training.
- Quality assurance testing and support of critical accounting system integrations.
- Partnering with other technical support representatives to identify opportunities and solutions.
- Communicating with various departments internally to ensure an integrated approach to the customer relationship.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to the position and programs.
- Providing guidance and support as needed to Payment Support staff.
- Performing miscellaneous project and duties as assigned.
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures. Must work with operational timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Decisions are made within specific operational guidelines. Decisions and service affect department, payments and customers or suppliers.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the Payment Support and Boarding teams, leads and managers. External contacts include mainly customers.
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, customer service and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone or email and focus on inbound/outbound contact. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Customer service and problem solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Qualifications & Skills
- College coursework or equivalent experience; college degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with customer service or technical support. Accounts payable or accounting software experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including at least intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Technology— Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and data driven tools. Ability to learn Corpay’s systems and software. Use of database products, CRM software (Salesforce), ticketing software (Zendesk), fax and phone systems.
- Active Listening and Speaking — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Talking to others to convey information and procedures effectively.
- Critical Thinking and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Service Orientation and Social Perceptiveness— Actively looking for ways to help people while being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs. Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Employee