Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer within our CORPAY division. This position falls under our payments line of business and is located in Beaverton, OR. In this role, you will be a member of a cross-functional Engineering team building solutions to meet the needs of our customers, partners and internal operations staff. Your ability to lead your teammates towards robust, scalable, automated choices will enable us to work better and to provide exceptional stability to our stakeholders. This position requires a strong ability to communicate and mentor others, combined with expert knowledge of things like Docker, Kubernetes, CI pipelines, time series databases, visualization tools, monitoring and alerting solutions, and log aggregation.
How We Work
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be expected to work in a hybrid or remote environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
· Assigned workspace in office set up
· Company-issued equipment
· Monthly home internet stipend
The responsibilities of the role will include:
· Provide expert guidance to teammates to facilitate automated deployment, auto-scale out, self-healing, and automated rollback capabilities.
· Implement and maintain infrastructure for automation and site reliability, such as CI solutions, monitoring and alerting, time series data collection, visualization, and log aggregation.
· Participate fully in a cross-functional software development team working within an Agile process with a DevOps mindset, taking and completing stories to achieve team results.
· Create and maintain documentation of best practices and implementation steps as needed for team members to be successful.
· Collaborate closely with other Site Reliability Engineers within a Community of Practice to ensure consistency across the organization, and to keep current with emerging technology opportunities.
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, networking engineering or related field or equivalent experience required.
· 3 or more years experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Operations Engineer, Software Engineer or other role in which automation and site reliability was a responsibility.
· Experience using Docker and Kubernetes for managing cloud-based deployments.
· Experience implementing and using CI pipelines for building, testing, and deploying software across progressive environments.
· Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, including the ability to write SQL queries
· Familiarity with microservices architecture and cloud-native implementations.
· Strong technical curiosity and a passion for collaborating with others to try new things.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with low drama.
· Familiarity working within a Microsoft ecosystem including experience with Powershell and .NET/C# strongly desired.
· Prior experience working on a high-performing Agile software development team a plus.
· Any knowledge of time series databases, visualization tools (such as Grafana), monitoring and alerting solutions, and/or log aggregation tools (Elastic Stack, LogDNA) will further strengthen your candidacy.
Benefits & Perks
· Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee