As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The Solution Architect will be responsible for developing, designing, and implementing technology solutions that meet the business requirements of our Investment Services organization and align to enterprise architecture standards, data architecture standards, and best practices. They will work closely with business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure that the solutions are aligned with the overall business strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Design overall structure and architecture of software solutions. Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements, define technical strategies, choose appropriate technologies, and create high-level and detailed designs, while considering scalability, performance, security, integration, and other architectural aspects.
- Work with technical teams to ensure that the solutions are implemented correctly.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Possess a broad technical skill set and a deep understanding of various technologies, architectures, and design patterns. Be familiar with multiple programming languages, databases, cloud platforms, and integration techniques. Their expertise lies in designing complex, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Take a holistic approach. Consider the big picture, aligning the technical solution with the overall business goals and objectives. Analyze requirements, anticipate future needs, and design the architecture to meet present and future demands. Ensure the architectural integrity and coherence of the entire solution.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including business users, project managers, developers, enterprise architecture, data architecture, testers, and operations teams. Strong communication skills are needed to translate business requirements into technical designs and explain architectural decisions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Make high-level decisions related to system architecture, technology selection, integration patterns, and scalability. Consider multiple factors, such as business requirements, budget, timelines, and organizational constraints, to make informed decisions.
- In some cases, the solution architect may be involved in coding or providing technical guidance.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Several years of experience as a solution architect or a similar role, and application development.
- Experience in financial industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of data modeling and architecture, workflow architecture, system integration, and orchestration patterns.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Hybrid model with 2-3 days in office per week.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in cloud computing, microservices, and enterprise architecture is preferred.
- Relevant certifications, such as TOGAF or AWS Solution Architect, are a plus.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.