Regional Advisor Consultant
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The Internal Sales Department engages with financial professionals to deliver a Total Client Experience in becoming an indispensable partner. To accomplish this, we leverage a differentiated consultative experience with our clients through Business Consulting, Portfolio Consulting, and Client Engagement. We Learn, Grow and Succeed together.
The Regional Advisor Consultant, in partnership with a Senior Advisor Consultant, will be responsible for building long-standing trusted partnerships with intermediary clients that enhance long-term holdings of Invesco products and services. Serving in the central role on our Internal Sales Desk, you will be the voice of Invesco to clients; an integral part of furthering the client journey and attaining both revenue and profitability goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop differentiated client relationships, including growing existing client relationships and developing new profitable relationships to reach maximum wallet share
- Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls with financial advisors and other licensed professionals
- Partner with an Internal Sales Manager and Senior Advisor Consultant to develop and implement a territory sales plan
- Approach interactions as a consultant, starting with client needs and optimally using internal resources needed to meet those needs, including delivering insight-based education, coaching, and portfolio construction consultations
- Simplify the sophisticated investment universe through portfolio construction and manager selection consultations to clients with varying technical expertise (includes practice level CIOs, CFAs, and analyst gatekeepers)
- Develop and execute on a data-driven client segmentation model, including the consistent profiling of clients, timely and accurate memorializing of all interactions into the firm’s CRM system, and successful allocation of resources
- Handle daily territory management tasks to ensure maximum business efficiency and effective prioritization across service offerings and firms
- Participate in a comprehensive training curriculum that evolves: Salesforce capabilities with respect to business management, consulting and development, leadership and influence, investment discipline communication capabilities, technical understanding, and knowledge
The experience you bring:
- 2-5 years of sales experience in financial services preferred
- College degree or equivalent experience required (MBA, CFA, CFP, & CIMA a plus)
- FINRA Series 7 and 63/65 or 66 required for role
- A current understanding (or strong desire to learn) of capital markets, mutual funds, ETFs, other investment solutions, and impact of economic factors
- Strong work ethic, high integrity, and strong values
- Motivated to achieve success and grow with the firm
- Consultative, client first approach, delivering solutions, not products, to meet needs and get results
- Excellent listening skills with a natural inclination to focus on client needs coupled with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset with a business-owner mentality, which is naturally drawn to opportunities, innovation, new value creation, and looks to continuously improve own capabilities
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.