As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The GBS Analyst II -Compensation performs accounting and finance functions within the Regional Shared Service Center; accounts for compensation related expenses for global business lines and prepares financial reports
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepares global payroll and compensation journal entries in accordance with US GAAP/IFRS rules
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports in accordance with GAAP, regulatory, and Invesco policies
- Responsible for monthly GL reconciliations
- Identifies and resolves complex issues as needed
- Supports work transitions to offshore shared service center, including documentation of accounting processes, training resources, and providing post transition support
- Coordinates with other GBS team members on processes and initiatives
- Prepares variance analysis for monthly and quarterly variance process. Must be able to identify variance, explain cause of the variance, and document findings
- Maintains proper Sarbanes-Oxley documentation on areas of responsibility in scope for SOX audits and ensures compliance with documented controls
- Ad hoc reporting as requested and other duties/projects as assigned
- Coordinate with external auditors to provide supporting documents for the requested items
The Experience You Bring:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 2-3 years of accounting or financial reporting experience at an investment management firm is preferred
- A solid understanding of accounting and financial principles, both US GAAP and IFRS, and the ability to apply these principles to corporate accounting is required
- Experience working in a shared service center supporting global operations is preferred
- Knowledge of SOX requirements are required
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.