Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The FP&A team informs and influences key business decisions centering on strategic growth, financial modeling, and new investments. As part of the FP&A leadership team, this role will work in an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, alongside key stakeholders from across Invesco.
The FP&A Director role is responsible for providing direction to a team of finance professionals to support senior leaders within certain functions in the Security, Technology and Services (STS) department on their overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of financial performance. This involves developing and managing processes and solutions to ensure efficiencies in forecasting, analysis, and decision support. Build metric-driven financial models to evaluate profitability, cost management and productivity improvements.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business partners on business priorities and initiatives (outsourcing, technology and data transformation) and providing cost/benefit analytics and comparative reporting
- Providing comprehensive financial results including variance explanations and insights to business partners on a monthly basis
- Managing budget and forecasting activities and providing regular updates on changes
- Supporting allocations and profitability efforts for legal entities, regulatory requirements, and management reporting needs
- Maintaining cost center hierarchy structure and coordinate with business functions to assure alignment
- Providing reporting and analysis on headcount and related compensation impacts on financial results
- Identifying areas for efficiencies and incorporate into financial projections
- Leading, developing and mentoring team
The experience you bring:
- Proven experience with a concentration in financial analysis, scenario planning, forecasting, decision modeling and understanding business profitability.
- Prior experience in investment management or financial services is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or Hyperion planning is a plus.
- Comfort applying the latest financial management technologies and using automated tools as appropriate (e.g. experience with data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau)
- Highly analytical and able to interpret large data sets and complex problems facing a multi-billion-dollar global business
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with Senior Management across the organization
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment across functions and geographic locations.
- Confidentiality and discretion are crucial.
- MBA or graduate degree is preferred.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.