MBA Intern Private Credit (Direct Lending)
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
About the Team
Invesco Private Credit focuses on directly originated, sponsor-backed direct lending investments in middle market companies primarily in the form of senior secured loans and may also invest, to a lesser extent, in junior capital investments and equity investments acquired in connection with the loans. The Private Credit Group currently operates as an independent team of experienced investors within Invesco’s $40 billion Private Credit platform. The team is looking to add a New York-based summer intern to join at a time of significant growth for the Group.
The Private Credit summer intern will assist and provide support to the Private Credit team in assessing new direct lending financing opportunities and making investment recommendations to the investment committee. The intern will assist in the preparation of credit proposals including company and industry analysis, capital structure analysis, cash flow projections, management and sponsor quality, identification of key risks and evaluation of mitigating factors.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Involvement in all aspects of evaluating, implementing, and closing private debt, sponsor-backed financing opportunities sourced by senior origination professionals.
- Assist in screening, analyzing and deal structuring recommendations for new financing opportunities based on initial diligence provided by Confidential Information Memorandums and Management Presentations.
- Build highly customized cash flow models to understand historical and projected cash flows and service indebtedness under a variety of different scenarios.
- Support deal team members in the due diligence process, including preparing due diligence lists, synthesizing data room materials, reviewing third-party consultant reports, understanding macro-level and/or industry trends, performing valuation analysis, participating in due diligence discussions with management and/or private equity firms and other analysis.
- Support deal team members in the preparation of the Investment Committee materials, which will include an analysis of key due diligence findings, a supportable investment thesis, a discussion of investment risks and other information to support the investment recommendation.
- Assist in workstreams associated with capital raising activities, which may include preparing marketing presentations and other activities related to internal approvals.
- Help prepare presentations for meetings with clients, and assist in special projects as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Basic knowledge of the credit markets
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills, team oriented
- Aptitude for detail and a strong dedication to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker with the ability to follow through on projects and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience at a buy-side firm is a plus
- Pursuing graduate-level degree in finance and/or economics with relevant course work
- Undergraduate degree recevied
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Worker TypeStudent/Intern (Fixed Term)
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.