Dir, Investment Research
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Our Institutional Consultant Relations Team is looking for a Director of Investment Research to engage the research teams of our most critical consultant partnerships. Our Consultant Relations team establishes indispensable partnerships with Consultants by delivering Invesco’s full-range of capabilities to drive industry-leading commercial results. The team serves as a critical “Voice of Consultants” for Invesco to help keep our clients at the center of everything we do.
You will be responsible for:
- Serving as an example to others of a high-performance culture, both internally and externally, to ensure a strong pace of execution for our clients.
- Aligns our clients’ research priorities with Invesco’s leading capabilities to elevate our buy-rated strategies.
- Leads research engagement for new and existing mandates to deliver an industry-leading due diligence experience for Consultant research teams
- Cultivates strong, trust-based relationships with Consultant Research teams at all levels (leadership, analysts, operational due diligence, etc.)
- Collaborates seamlessly with investment teams to ensure ongoing alignment of current ratings, opportunity pipeline, assets-at-risk, search activity and industry tends.
- Credibly represent the voice of Consultants at Invesco. It is imperative to keep clients at the center of everything we do. The Director of Investment Research will ensure frequent client insights (e.g. meeting notes, conference insights) are shared with key internal stakeholders to elevate our shared knowledge and ability to deliver value for Consultants
- Ensure the team achieves our organic AUM growth and organic revenue growth targets with key clients.
The experience you bring:
- An extensive network of strong client relationships with top consultant firms
- Exceptional investment acumen, with strong expertise in manager due diligence, portfolio analytics, portfolio construction, and capital markets.
- Expert sales discipline, with a proven history of a consultative, Client-Centric, sales process.
- Strong working knowledge across public and private investments and various investment vehicles (separate accounts, collective trusts, mutual funds, ETF’s, private placements, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience with institutional clients and consultants
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- CFA, CAIA, MBA or similar accreditations is preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required
The salary range for this position in New York City is $180,000 to $200,000/ year. The total compensation offered for this position includes salary and incentive pay and will vary based on skills, experience and location.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.