Quantitative Research Analyst
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Invesco is seeking a talented Quantitative Research Analyst with strong development skills to support its Custom Equity team. You will work directly with the head Quantitative Portfolio Manager to develop and operate a portfolio management platform. You will play a key role in enhancing the production quality, automation, and scalability of our proprietary tax-optimized equity SMA technologies. You will also play a crucial role in the daily management of the portfolios using these systems.
- Developing enhancements and automation for a proprietary portfolio construction platform.
- Daily management of portfolio implementation processes, including optimization review and trading oversight.
- Working with the research team to implement new investment capabilities and methodologies.
- Manage information and data services requirements and research platform programming.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 0-5 years of work experience as a developer or quantitative analyst, preferably in quantitative investment management.
- Excellent coding skills with extensive hands-on experience in Python. Experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Preferred but not required, an understanding of quantitative equity investments, ideally tax-managed strategies.
- Very strong analytical and mathematical skills, including optimization techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge of econometrics and statistics including time-series analysis.
- Consistent record of independently planning, coordinating, and executing development projects.
- Passion for quantitative investment management
- Results oriented, with strong emphasis on high-quality execution.
- Proven ownership of quantitative research projects and initiative in developing quantitative techniques.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of constituents, including researchers and portfolio managers, client portfolio managers, distribution teams, intermediaries, and clients.
- Highly motivated and driven individual able to work collaboratively across groups while staying focused on execution of the core research function.
- Standout colleague who reliably and responsibly fulfills their area of responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively in-office or in hybrid settings.
- Degree in quantitative or technical field, with demonstrated academic excellence.
The salary range for this position in New York City is $125,000 - $150,000 / year. The total compensation offered for this position includes salary and incentive pay and will vary based on skills, experience and location.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.