ETF Portfolio Management Intern
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The ETF Portfolio Management & Data Analyst Intern will be a large contributor to the daily activities to a team managing over $500 billion in assets. The role will be deeply engaged with the daily portfolio management process and will contribute to projects that will support Invesco’s Growth Engine Initiative within the ETF & Indexed Strategies business.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assist in building prototype systems for portfolio risk, oversight, market and index provider analysis and daily portfolio management duties
- Building out automation solutions and efficiencies for increased portfolio management and board reporting duties
- Working with senior members of the team to build and update team and client presentation documents for RFP, due diligence, product and capabilities reporting
- Assisting team members in streamlining daily processes utilizing internal systems and reports
- With guidance from the team, help update current library of presentations
- Collaborate in cross-business projects with Trading, Operations, IT, Capital Markets and Product Development and Research
- Ad hoc projects as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Great interest in investment management, capital markets, quantitative strategies and in particular Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Analytical thinking, strong data analysis capabilities and well-structured working style
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong technical programming skills also beneficial (R, python, VBA)
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Information Technology or Engineering background (not necessarily finance)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Must be a currently enrolled rising junior or senior undergraduate student
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above is preferred
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Worker TypeStudent/Intern (Fixed Term)
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.