Separately Managed Accounts Business Intern
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
Job Purpose (Job Summary): The SMA Business Intern will support Invesco’s growing Separately Managed Accounts Platform through various daily activities and projects, with a focus on competitor research, data management and platform scalability. The SMA Business Intern will rotate across various business units including Strategy and Platform Management, SMA Specialists and Product Management, SMA Client Service and more.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- In collaboration with the SMA Specialist Team, assist in the development and maintenance of a quarterly competitor research intel report.
- Work with the SMA Strategy and Platform Management team to develop a data visualization tool for key SMA Platform operating metrics.
- Creation of SMA educational content that provides a comprehensive overview of the SMA wrapper, Invesco’s SMA Platform, investment strategies and capabilities.
- Help maintain and streamline a library of SMA data, files, and documentation.
- Assist with creating a SMA Platform onboarding packet for new hires with key information on SMA systems, resources, content, and materials.
- Collaborate with the SMA Client Service to streamline advisor fee documentation.
- Partner with SMA Compliance on various Compliance documentation requirements and testing.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Interest in and general knowledge of financial markets
- Analytical thinking, strong data analysis capabilities and well-structured working style
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong technical programming skills also beneficial (R, python, VBA)
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Must be a currently enrolled rising junior or senior undergraduate student.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above is preferred.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the supervisor from time to time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Worker TypeStudent/Intern (Fixed Term)
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.