Market Leader, RIA
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, Invesco is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, we provide a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world.
If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, come explore your potential at Invesco. Make a difference every day!
The Professional Buyer Market Leader will build long-standing trusted partnerships with large Registered Investment Advisory firms and Multi-Family Offices that enhance long-term holdings of Invesco products and solutions. Serving as the face of Invesco to clients, you will be an integral part of fostering the client journey and delivering the Invesco Total Client Experience or Total CX. Through Invesco Total CX, you will engage clients as a consultant, making valuable contributions both as an investment partner and a business building and practice management advisor.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing differentiated client relationships, including both existing and new ones that improve Invesco wallet share through sales growth, asset retention, and growing the Invesco brand within the territory
- High level work ethic
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset with a business owner mentality
- Identifying and gaining access to RIAs who present opportunities for Invesco investment strategies
- Implement and complete a data-driven client segmentation strategy
- Travel within territory to conduct meetings with clients, COIs, and lead client events
- Approaching client interactions as a consultant, uncovering client needs and optimally using resources to meet those needs. Examples include delivering insight-based education, business/practice management expertise, coaching, and portfolio construction consultations
- Leading and deploying a team including an internal partner and various specialists organized to support territory success
- Engaging with clients and prospects with varying technical expertise (includes business leaders, CIOs, CFAs, and analyst gatekeepers)
The experience you bring:
- 7+ years of asset management sales experience
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Series 7 and 63 required; may need to obtain 65 and/or 66 in future
- CFA, CIMA, CAIA, CFP and other designations a plus
- Dedicated and motivated with a team mentality
- Consultative, client first approach, delivering solutions, not products, to meet client needs and get results
- Technical investment expertise including superior knowledge of mutual funds, ETFs, SMAs, private markets, and their competitive landscape along with an in-depth understanding of Capital Markets
- A proven ability to develop and execute on a strategic business plan, including:
- Effective client segmentation, resource allocation, internal network relationship building, and the effective deployment of internal stakeholders within a team-based environment
- Excellent listening skills with a natural inclination to focus on client needs coupled with strong presentation and communication skills
- A data-driven mindset to develop and execute on a strategic business plan, including the adoption of technologies that improve efficiency and lead to an enhanced client experience
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
At Invesco, our workplace model supports our culture and meets the needs of our clients while providing flexibility our employees value. As a full-time employee, compliance with the workplace policy means working with your direct manager to create a schedule where you will work in your designated office at least three days a week, with two days working outside an Invesco office.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
Health & wellbeing benefits
Parental Leave benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.