Software Support Engineer III (UNIX, SQL) Athens, GA
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NCR Corporation is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with over 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SW Support Engineer - Troubleshooting/Deployment
Location: Athens, GA Hybrid
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ownership of technical troubleshooting and resolution for critical production events, providing technical analysis and insight into the current condition and recommended solution.
- Facilitate solution with appropriate departments and individuals and communicate status to stakeholders within and external to the organization.
- Participation in the subsequent analysis to determine the source of the issue and a recommended plan to avoid it in the future.
- Analysis of key customer service and implementation issues and subsequent recommendations for modifications to the application, DPV interfaces, or internal procedures that will improve the production environment.
- Support after-hours critical incidents by troubleshooting and/or working with other internal or external teams to drive issues to resolution.
- Create needed scripts for data-gather and analysis for production issues.
- Slave Upgrades - Supports new and existing DPV upgrades and releases.
- Provides direct support to Customer Service, Engineering, Product Management, QA.
- Provides technical documentation including application installation procedures and technical training.
- Documentation of Production Support plans and procedures in reference to diagnosis and resolution of issues, communications, and standards.
- Documentation of Technical Support standards and technical procedures in reference to troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of issues.
- Ongoing education of Technical Support Engineers in reference to diagnostic efficiency and accuracy, technical skills improvement, effective troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
Along with your outstanding drive for accomplishment, the successful incumbent will bring with them:
- Must have some related software engineering/application troubleshooting experience in application development and information systems, editing and inserting. Financial institution and data process vendor interface knowledge is preferred.
- Able to analyze and parse through log data to identify issue and solve
- Able to work using command line, navigate between directories and files, understand/change permissions of files, update DB using SQL queries
- Experience with various technical software support processes/troubleshooting in implementation, application development, editing files and inserts in DBs
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues to assist our customer care team to understand and translate the issues and resolutions to our customers
- Handle high ticket volume across multiple product lines via ticketing system, chat channel, critical phone line and escalations
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong customer orientation and good organizational skills.
- Individual must be process orientated, self-motivated and somewhat creative.
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.