Software Support Engineer III (SQL)
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Offer input and gain knowledge as a subject matter expert on products, systems, and services.
- Knowledgeable across the related LOB product range including all solution(s) currently released and supported.
- Knowledgeable on assigned solution(s) to SME level and assists others with investigations.
- Knowledgeable on 3rd party products used within customer solutions
- Mentoring and assisting support peers in product and systems technical details, management of issues and all aspects of the respective role
- Prepare and deliver training on products and systems, as appropriate
- Prepare various technical documents on technologies, customer environments, products and systems
- Provide advice to engineering on new product designs
- Input and guidance to engineering on potential resolution of product defects
- Input and guidance to engineering on issues encountered during engineering field trial
Along with your outstanding drive for accomplishment, the successful incumbent will bring with them:
- Must have some related SQL (Database) troubleshooting experience (minimum of 5 years). Financial institution technical/customer support background is preferred.
- Able to analyze and parse through log data to identify issue and solve
- Experience with Vision.
- Able to work using command line, navigate between directories and files, understand/change permissions of files, update DB using SQL queries
- Experience with various technical software support processes/troubleshooting in implementation, application development, editing files and inserts in DBs
- Communicates (verbal and written) complex issues to assist our customer care team to understand and translate the issues and resolutions to our customers
- Handle high ticket volume across multiple product lines via ticketing system, chat channel, critical phone line and escalations
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong customer orientation and good organizational skills.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.