Software Engineer III
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Software Engineer III
Location: Atlanta, GA or Addison, TX
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
About NCR Connected Payments
NCR Connected Payments is a completely secure payment solution delivering uncompromising data protection and future innovation readiness. It is the ideal answer to the rising risk of electronic transaction-related fraud and payment data security breaches. Implemented as a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solution, Connected Payments offers a secure payment route and ensures complete data and transmission protection, from PIN pad to payment processor. It allows retailers to easily comply with evolving payment regulations and standards, such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa), and offers them the freedom to work with any payment processor and peripheral vendor. Connected Payments ultimately provides retailers with the innovation-ready architecture, reliability and centralized management they need to prepare for a future of new payment options that improve shopper experience. Check us out! http://www.ncr.com/retail/department-specialty-retail/payment/connected-payments
- Architect, design, and implement high-quality software
- Review, troubleshoot, and debug existing code to optimize performance.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Write clean, maintainable code and ensure proper testing and validation.
- Test and support applications internally and externally.
- Participate in and lead others in analysis, design, testing, and review processes.
- Provide estimations of work based on requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Managers/Product Owners to develop software requirements and acceptance criteria (User Stories)
- Support the integration of our NCR product with other NCR and non-NCR solutions.
- Stay informed of new trends and best practices in software engineering.
- Mentor junior team members and foster a collaborative, inclusive environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent relative experience.
- 8+ years experience in software development
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or similar role.
- Extensive experience performing the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) for development and delivery of Windows-based enterprise scale applications, including Automated test development and execution (unit, functional integration, regression, performance, security, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE, and Git/ GitHub
- Experience working in Agile development environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and associated ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tool, preferably Jira
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to understand and create algorithms.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience in Payment transaction processing or similar financial transaction systems
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent experience
- Experience with Jenkins, SpecFlow, working with Azure environments
- Experience with deployment of Windows-based enterprise scale application into distributed (multi-node) environment in Data Centers.
- Experience in the development of commercial software applications
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.