Software Engineer II
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Software Engineer – Cloud Services
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software engineering changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the online and mobile worlds better than any other—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software engineers write code that can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our expanding platform as a service team. Our platform as a service is responsible for providing the foundation for NCR cloud-based products, and includes a variety of features and services similar to those found on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS.
We work with some of the smartest, nicest people you'll meet. People who work here say the problems they work on are enormously challenging, and that the team culture is the most supportive they have seen.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for software engineering talent like you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO….
Play a key role as a SW developer on newly formed scrum teams focused on developing NCR’s Cloud Platform that will serve each of our major industries – Financial Services, Retail, Hospitality and Travel. You will build and expand the services powering our API ecosystem, solving problems for a large community of fellow developers. Your key day-today responsibilities will include:
- Crafting clean, well-tested code using rigorous continuous delivery methodologies, including automated functional and non-functional testing.
- Participation in an enterprise open source community by producing quality project and API documentation, samples, and answering forum questions.
- Building large-scale applications using Java or similar languages, with a focus on high-performance, scalability and resiliency in a service-oriented environment.
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Excellent development skills with Java or another JVM language
- Experience using relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and testing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern frameworks for building high-throughout, resilient microservices
- Understanding of methodologies such as TDD, BDD, and some experience with tools and frameworks for automated testing.
- Some familiarity with distributed design patterns, high-volume data stores, and horizontal scaling techniques
- Desire and ability to tackle problems both at the large scale (think hundred-node clusters) and the small scale (think individual atomic locks)
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE…
- Ability to learn existing and new applications and become familiar with them in a short amount of time to be able to "stand on your own"
- Background working on highly-available, high-transaction volume, fault-tolerant systems
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, vert.x, node.js
- Participated in public open source projects
- Prior experience using, or knowledge of Google Cloud DataFlow, Google Cloud Pub Sub, Elastic DB, Solr and PostGres.
- Strong foundation in developing cloud-based solutions using platforms such as GCP, Azure, AWS or Heroku
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.