Help Desk Agent - Germantown, MD
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Help Desk Agent III
Location: Germantown, MD (hybrid)
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
The Help Desk Agent III will work in a fast-paced call center help desk environment providing technical hardware, software, and procedural support for the USPS Retail Systems Software (RSS) to the US Postal Service enterprise.
The technical support is delivered 100% via telephone for troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
This is a hybrid on-site and virtual position.
Candidates must have sufficient high speed internet access at their home to facilitate working virtually when required.
Agents must be customer service focused team players who are able to work independently, organize, multi-task and prioritize task work.
Employee is highly autonomous and performance assignments related to implementation and operational support of the USPS enterprise.
Agents are required to participate in the development of Knowledge Base articles when new issues are discovered.
- Answering customer phone calls
- Providing remote technical support
- Documentation and incident management using the USPS Servicenow ticketing system.
- Ordering replacement parts
- Other customer support related activities.
- Candidates should be able to handle difficult customer service situations with confidence, and poise.
- Candidates should exhibit advanced troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software issues.
- Candidates may be required to participate in other USPS support related activities.
- Candidates will be expected to meet standard NCR corporate and UP Postal Support team objectives.
- Candidates should possess a detailed knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills
- Candidates will be expected to utilize their experience and judgment to make decisions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Candidates will be expected to share responsibility for ensuring that the NCR computer labs are always operational.
- Candidates will be scheduled to work at least one Saturday shift approximately one time every 3 – 5 weeks. This interval may be adjusted to accommodate staffing and coverage challenges.
- On occasion, the United States Postal Service may require NCR to provide specialized support. To meet these requirements, Help Desk Agents may be required to work non-standard work shifts. These shifts may fall after hours, on weekends, or on holidays. Candidates accepting positions with the US Postal Support team agree to participate in these activities as directed by management.
- Ability to obtain a “Sensitive” level USPS clearance
- Associates degree in technical field with 3 years of technical support and customer service experience in a technology related position, or a high school diploma and 5 years of technical support and customer service in a technology related position.
- Functional knowledge of Windows 10 & 11, Microsoft Office 365, TCP/IP, IP Protocols, LAN, WAN, VPN, CISCO IP Phones, standard MS command line and Powershell utilities, Servicenow Incident Management system, Knowledge Base Systems, hardware troubleshooting
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.