Business Development Representative - Milwaukee WI
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Job title: Business Development Representative (Hospitality - Milwaukee)
Location: Milwaukee, WI (Must live in the territory as you will be in the field on daily client visits)
We are NCR, a global tech company and leading provider of software and services-led enterprise solutions to banks, restaurants, and retailers. We run the everyday transactions that make life easier. We’re the world leader in consumer transaction technologies, and our solutions power millions of deposits, payments, and purchases every day.
NCR Hospitality provides wall-to-wall capabilities that enable restaurants to optimise every aspect of their business and continuously adapt to technology and industry transformation. From point of sale, kitchen, restaurant operations and payments we make simple possible for restaurants. Our solutions help businesses around the world increase revenue, build loyalty, reach new customers and lower their costs of operations.
By continually learning about—and pioneering—how the world interacts and transacts, we’re helping companies not only reach their goals, but also change the way all of us shop, eat, travel, bank and connect. Together, we are shaping the future.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position has the responsibility for developing new business opportunities with prospects outside of our current customer base, that are competitively held and or new restaurant concepts. This requires calling on clients in teh field on a regular (daily) basis. Develops a sales strategy to win business that is managed, tracked and reported in Salesforce.com, demonstrating sales activities to achieve sales goals. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the sales process through the order booking , transferring account ownership to the Account Executive for project management and implementation services.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Grow market share through # of new restaurant sites with NCR Solutions & Payments
- Develop ROI-based solution sales plans that leverage strategic Account Planning skills
- Utilise a consultative selling approach to map out key decision-makers in the prospect and create a strategy to implement an appropriate plan to penetrate
- Develop a competitive sales opportunity strategy
- Be in the field on a daily basis to visit clients and prospects.
- Capitalise on a foundation of internal and external industry networks to uncover business opportunities and develop a business solution that demonstrates NCR's value and its impact on the prospective customer.
- Sales Process/Activity Management: Strategically designs a plan to effectively manage territory in order to maximise incoming orders as necessary to meet annual quota objectives.
- Input forecasting and account activity in Salesforce to quantify and qualify opportunities where NCR is best positioned to win, and assists in development of an account plan to ensure mutual objectives of the NCR/Customer relationship are realised.
- Gain customer commitment, builds momentum and accelerates the sales cycle, while working with key influensers throughout the sales process to minimise issues at closing.
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities and execute to winning those opportunities
- Upon securing official order comment from customer, works with account executive to transition account control responsibility, including solution delivery
- BS/BA in related discipline and/or equivalent sales experience with 3+ years of experience in Restaurant Technology Sales/Business Development
- Must live in the local sales territory (Milwaukee) as you will be in the field on a daily basis to visit clients and prospects
- “Hunger to Win / Hate to Lose” sales mentality; strong "hunter" drive.
- Previous successful consulting and/or solution sales environment and/or client management in the restaurant segment
- Demonstrated success in presenting and articulating the value of technology solutions
- In-depth experience and understanding of the hospitality/restaurant market, industry trends and related competition
- Ability to travel to customer sites on day trips within the sales territory
- Prior experience working in Hospitality/Restaurant Solution sales
- Previous experience with software and services organisations that sell Point-of-Sale, Payment Applications, Above Store, Kitchen Production and Marketing Programs.
- Strong executive presence – this role will have extensive executive visibility both internally and externally
- Project management skills; Client and Business plan management proficiency
- Knowledge/use of CRM tool - Salesforce.com in past working experience
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.