Hardware Engineer III
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Hardware Engineer III– PSO – Hardware and Lifecycle Engineering
Location: Atlanta, USA
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
The Hardware Electronics Engineer will be based at our GHQ office in Atlanta and will be a part of a globally distributed team. Particular focus will be in the area of Level 3 Support for NCR products.
Required by the position is experience in the design of electronics products, product testing and lifecycle management.
The position requires conducting a thorough background investigation, documentation and characterization of a problem to provide clear actions to help drive to a solution. Documenting the problem and solutions in a knowledgebase for the customer engineers and services teams is also a must.
The Hardware Electronics Engineer should be able to work independently and be able to work with others including customer engineers, support engineers, software engineers and hardware engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform all of the background investigation of a problem
- Characterize the problem and provide clear Next Actions to help drive to a solution.
- Document all known problems and solutions for a non-engineer audience
- Work with other teams e.g. Customer Engineering, Managed Services, Hardware Engineering and Software Engineering in order to drive to a solution
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience (electronics or computer degree highly preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in relevant field
- Experience with Windows OS, Linux OS
- Experience working with EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing)
- Experience working with Safety Testing (UL or TUV)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledgeable on electronics, firmware, etc.
- Experience in product development and product life cycle support
- Experience in product testing and troubleshooting
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.