ERISA Compliance, Benefits and Compensation Counsel
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Executive Compensation & Benefits works with a dynamic, energetic and collegial team of attorneys and paralegals in a supportive environment focused on teamwork and performance in supporting executive compensation and benefits for NCR. This role reports to the Law Vice President and Chief Corporate Counsel and includes legal support for matters relating to the Compensation and Human Resource Committee of the Board of Directors, SEC and other regulatory compliance and disclosure obligations, executive compensation and benefits, corporate governance and related matters to be assigned from time to time. The position may require modest domestic and international travel.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Legal and strategic advice to NCR’s executive compensation, stock administration and benefits teams and related support functions on all aspects of executive compensation and benefits, including the design, implementation, maintenance and administration of equity, bonus, retirement, health, welfare, severance and deferred compensation plans and programs; drafting or review of related documents, agreements, training materials and internal and external communications
- Counsel on executive compensation and benefits matters in M&A transactions; preparation of corporate filings and related equity and executive compensation documents
- Plan compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A and benefits-related tax or litigation issues
- Training and legal advice regarding fiduciary duties, pension investment issues and ERISA regulatory compliance and/or oversee outside counsel and advisor support regarding such matters
- Director compensation plan implementation and administration
- tock award agreements drafting
- Proxy advisory and investor outreach preparation and support related to executive compensation
- ESG initiatives relating to executive compensation and benefits, engaging with ratings firms, addressing institutional shareholder, investor and other stakeholder expectations, driving policy and disclosure enhancements
- Section 16 trading matters and 10b5-1 plan support; SEC filings and compliance, including Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and others as related to executive compensation and stock administration
- Drafting significant portions of the proxy statement including, but not limited to, the Compensation Discussion & Analysis
- Compensation and Human Resource Committee of the Board of Directors meeting preparation and drafting of minutes
- Proactive advice on legal changes affecting executive compensation and benefits
- Training and maintenance relating to key areas of responsibility
- Review, negotiate, and evaluate vendor contracts for services related to key areas of responsibility
- Outside counsel management and direct or dotted-line supervision of other team members as needed
- In-depth knowledge of NCR's procedures, processes and policies
- Support other corporate legal projects as needed
- JD from an accredited university with a minimum of ten years of relevant legal experience, with strong general business law knowledge
- Excellent law firm training and substantial practice experience representing a variety of corporations and other business entities on the full range of executive compensation, benefits and related issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to think outside the box, make complex challenges appear simple and balance competing priorities
- Ability to instill confidence and interact with colleagues at all levels in a positive and professional matter aligned with NCR’s culture
- Ability to work under short deadlines in complex situations and outside normal working hours with minimal supervision; self-sufficient, independent, and willing to accept significant responsibility
- Strong judgment for appropriate risk management; highest level of integrity and business ethics
- High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior experience in a corporate law department is preferred
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.