Field Service Technician I - Monroe, LA
About NCR VOYIX
NCR VOYIX Corporation (NYSE: VYX) is a leading global provider of digital commerce solutions for the retail, restaurant and banking industries. NCR VOYIX is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 16,000 employees in 35 countries across the globe. For nearly 140 years, we have been the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday consumer interactions into meaningful moments. Today, NCR VOYIX transforms the stores, restaurants and digital banking experiences with cloud-based, platform-led SaaS and services capabilities.
Not only are we the leader in the market segments we serve and the technology we deliver, but we create exceptional consumer experiences in partnership with the world’s leading retailers, restaurants and financial institutions. We leverage our expertise, R&D capabilities and unique platform to help navigate, simplify and run our customers’ technology systems.
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to enable stores, restaurants and financial institutions to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to reduced costs and profit growth. Our solutions empower our customers to succeed in today’s competitive landscape.
Our unique perspective brings innovative, industry-leading tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. NCR VOYIX has earned the trust of businesses large and small — from the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
TITLE: Field Service Technician I
LOCATION: Monroe, LA
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Are you a Field Technician? Field Engineer? Service Technician? Or do you want to start a career in this field? Are you tech savvy with a good mechanical aptitude and feel your skills are transferrable? Can you help us to provide best in class service? Do you want to work with some of the largest retail customers in the industry?
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly Pay Range: $17.00 to $20.83 depending on location and experience levels
- Overtime available at time and a half
- 7 paid holidays and 6 paid floating holidays
- Paid vacation – up to 80 hours your first year
- 401K savings and retirement plan
- Company provided business use only vehicle
- Medical insurance available immediately
NCR is looking for Field Service Technicians!
NCR’s Field Services Team creates value for our customers by delivering solutions that build long term relationships. Acting as a first line response to our customers, you will communicate in an open, helpful, and engaging manner with the focus being finding the right solution. You will organize, triage customer issues, and even handle some problems before they start. No matter the situation, your formal training (provided through NCR) will allow you to provide customers what they need when they need it.
Our virtual and hands on classroom training enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. NCR is committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our service operations have dedicated teachers, mentors, and coaches who work across territories to share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
NCR is dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, are valued for their contributions, and the perspectives they bring. This role truly keeps commerce running across the globe and is an ambassador for the NCR Brand!
Utilize your skills to:
- Perform customer installation, maintenance, and service calls promptly and effectively.
- Service electromechanical equipment like self-checkout systems within an assigned territory
- Perform maintenance, repair, PM work, and system overhauls.
Basic Qualifications to qualify:
- Local candidate to specific geographic area
- Authorized to work in the US
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements.
- PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Prolonged travel with driving several hours per day.
- Rotating and weekend shifts
- Flexible shift work – Rotating shifts within set teams including morning, afternoon, and evening start times with some holidays.
- Carrying and lifting tools, parts, and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. without assistance, up to 150 lbs. with assistance
- Bending, squatting, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, working with your hands, and repetitively grasping and manipulating objects of varying size
Preferred Qualifications (not required, but nice to have):
- Familiarity with large servers, mainframe computers, and imaging software
- A+ Certification, CompTIA, N+ Certification
- One or more years of related experience
Does this sound like the opportunity you are looking for? Take the opportunity to apply and hear more!
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job
Integrated into our shared values is NCR Voyix’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR Voyix is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR Voyix has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR Voyix only accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR Voyix employees, or any NCR Voyix facility. NCR Voyix is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes