Service Technician CE1 - Purceville, MD
About NCR VOYIX
NCR VOYIX Corporation (NYSE: VYX) is a leading global provider of digital commerce solutions for the retail, restaurant and banking industries. NCR VOYIX is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 16,000 employees in 35 countries across the globe. For nearly 140 years, we have been the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday consumer interactions into meaningful moments. Today, NCR VOYIX transforms the stores, restaurants and digital banking experiences with cloud-based, platform-led SaaS and services capabilities.
Not only are we the leader in the market segments we serve and the technology we deliver, but we create exceptional consumer experiences in partnership with the world’s leading retailers, restaurants and financial institutions. We leverage our expertise, R&D capabilities and unique platform to help navigate, simplify and run our customers’ technology systems.
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to enable stores, restaurants and financial institutions to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to reduced costs and profit growth. Our solutions empower our customers to succeed in today’s competitive landscape.
Our unique perspective brings innovative, industry-leading tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. NCR VOYIX has earned the trust of businesses large and small — from the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
TITLE: Service Technician
LOCATION: Purceville, MD
As a Field Service Technician, you are part of our services support team and your passion for providing exceptional customer service contributes to our world class high level of customer satisfaction. Acting as a first line response to customers on-site in your assigned territory you will communicate in an open, helpful, and engaging manner with your focus being finding the right solution with each customer.
You will connect with our customers to address questions and resolve various problems on-site (some uncommon), knowing when and who to turn to for support. You will organize, triage customer issues, and even handle some problems before they start. No matter the situation, your formal training (provided through NCR) will allow you to provide customers what they need when they need it. Additionally, you will always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take, escalate issues, and serve as an ambassador for the NCR brand. Your goal is to keep our customers completely assured and satisfied through your technical expertise and consistent and constant communication.
Job responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to customer installation, maintenance, and service calls promptly and effectively
- Servicing electromechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory
- Overseeing hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support
- Utilizing your technical skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, plotters, enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters (for example, Ethernet, Token-Ring, Starland, NetBIOS, X.25, etc.)
- Performing maintenance repair and system overhauls (like modular swaps and unit replacements)
- Managing everything from network faults and traffic, to configuration, security, and remote system access
- Capturing customer information to complete invoicing
- Logging all customer calls and activity and tracking all expenses incurred in the delivery of services
- Scissor Lift training
Job requirements and basic qualifications:
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network/system management
- Familiarity with large servers, mainframe computers, and imaging software
- A+ Certification, CompTIA, N+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000
- Local candidates strongly preferred (this position is not eligible for paid relocation and candidates must be available to begin work promptly in the assigned geographic territory)
- High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree or higher preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving several hours per day, rotating and weekend shifts, carrying and lifting tools, parts, and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance, bending, squatting, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, working with your
- hands, and repetitively grasping and manipulating objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination for prolonged periods of time
- Scissor-Lift training
- Up to one year of relevant experience
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Three weeks of job-related training will be provided within the dedicated NCR Facility, but foundational knowledge and experience in these areas are key.
* 7 Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
* 6 Paid floating holidays
* 401K savings and retirement plan
* Medical insurance available immediately
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job
Integrated into our shared values is NCR Voyix’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR Voyix is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR Voyix has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR Voyix only accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR Voyix employees, or any NCR Voyix facility. NCR Voyix is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
“When applying for a job, please make sure to only open emails that you will receive during your application process that come from a @ncrvoyix.com email domain.”