Customer Engineer I- Worcester, MA
About NCR VOYIX
NCR VOYIX Corporation (NYSE: VYX) is a leading global provider of digital commerce solutions for the retail, restaurant and banking industries. NCR VOYIX is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 16,000 employees in 35 countries across the globe. For nearly 140 years, we have been the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday consumer interactions into meaningful moments. Today, NCR VOYIX transforms the stores, restaurants and digital banking experiences with cloud-based, platform-led SaaS and services capabilities.
Not only are we the leader in the market segments we serve and the technology we deliver, but we create exceptional consumer experiences in partnership with the world’s leading retailers, restaurants and financial institutions. We leverage our expertise, R&D capabilities and unique platform to help navigate, simplify and run our customers’ technology systems.
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to enable stores, restaurants and financial institutions to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to reduced costs and profit growth. Our solutions empower our customers to succeed in today’s competitive landscape.
Our unique perspective brings innovative, industry-leading tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. NCR VOYIX has earned the trust of businesses large and small — from the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
TITLE: Customer Engineer I
LOCATION: Worcester, NY
Exceptional at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it). In fact, that’s your specialty. Oh, and you have some great formal training (or considerable experience) in tech systems and know the ins and outs of products like large servers, mainframe computers, and imaging software.
Sounds familiar (and exciting!)? You’d be an excellent fit as our newest Customer Engineer Representative. In this role, you’ll work on a wide range of high-level procedures and activities, applying attention to detail and keen accuracy while resolving various uncommon problems, knowing when and who to turn to for support. And when things must get done, you’ll always lend your manual skills to resolve technical problems.
What makes this more exciting? Knowing that it’s all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Service electromechanical equipment like ATMs and self-checkout systems within an assigned territory—with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Oversee hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance, and software support.
- Unleash your manual skills on products like peripherals, large system printers, plotters, enterprise level servers, communications equipment, networks, and item processing sorters. We’re talking Ethernet, Token-Ring, StarLAN, NetBIOS, X.25—the whole gamut.
- Build great working relationships among colleagues and customers based on our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs). When issues come up, your job is to respond them by either handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can.
- Perform maintenance repair and system overhauls as a matter of routine (like modular swaps and unit replacements). You’ll surely always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take to correct any and all technical problems before they happen.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure we’re providing the best possible service.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A fantastic communicator who does everything in your power to meet customers’ needs—someone who follows up to make sure you did the work right.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Someone looking to tackle an intense but rewarding role. You like responsibility and are outstanding at managing everything from network faults and traffic, to configuration, security, and remote system access.
- High School Diploma or GED
- PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000
- Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- US Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation for a disability or based on religion
- Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- A CE I may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job
Integrated into our shared values is NCR Voyix’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR Voyix is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR Voyix has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR Voyix only accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR Voyix employees, or any NCR Voyix facility. NCR Voyix is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
“When applying for a job, please make sure to only open emails that you will receive during your application process that come from a @ncrvoyix.com email domain.”