Customer Engineer-New York
About NCR VOYIX
NCR VOYIX Corporation (NYSE: VYX) is a leading global provider of digital commerce solutions for the retail, restaurant and banking industries. NCR VOYIX is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 16,000 employees in 35 countries across the globe. For nearly 140 years, we have been the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday consumer interactions into meaningful moments. Today, NCR VOYIX transforms the stores, restaurants and digital banking experiences with cloud-based, platform-led SaaS and services capabilities.
Not only are we the leader in the market segments we serve and the technology we deliver, but we create exceptional consumer experiences in partnership with the world’s leading retailers, restaurants and financial institutions. We leverage our expertise, R&D capabilities and unique platform to help navigate, simplify and run our customers’ technology systems.
Our customers are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to enable stores, restaurants and financial institutions to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to reduced costs and profit growth. Our solutions empower our customers to succeed in today’s competitive landscape.
Our unique perspective brings innovative, industry-leading tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. NCR VOYIX has earned the trust of businesses large and small — from the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
TITLE: Customer Engineer
LOCATION: New York
Work area: Bronx, Newark, Hackensack, Union City, Jersey City, Hoboken, For Lee
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Position responsible for installation, maintenance and replacement of POS and related equipment within customer’s restaurant/bar location to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Hospitality Solution Engineer responds to all customer concerns or problems by resolving them or by engaging the proper team
- Build working relationships with customers and represent NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image, core values and reputation of the company
- Responsible for all NCR assets that will be used in the delivery of customer services (i.e. tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property), or as assigned by management; Maintain an appropriate parts inventory as well as parts record keeping
- Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, private automobile, and/or public transportation
- Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
- Ensure productivity measures are achieved
- Requires carrying and lifting tools and parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.), including up or down multiple stairs and floors as needed; Requires bending/squatting/crawling and walking/standing for prolonged periods; Requires the use of a ladder to install equipment.
- Requires the ability to travel and to work on rotating shifts including overnight installations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of related experience
- Enhanced computer skills and common software knowledge including basics of Windows OS
- Core competencies in safe usage of power and hand tools as well as drilling common surfaces to mount equipment on walls and countertops and ceilings required
- Competent in termination and testing of network cables
- Works well with minimal supervision; Good problem-solving skills; Ability to pick up new skills quickly; Ability to work under pressure; Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills/customer relationship skills required
- High level of personal integrity; Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, on-call, and travel
- Previous experience with POS systems or in hospitality environments a plus
- Proven installation, troubleshooting and PC Maintenance Experience
- Low Voltage cabling skills and knowledge of industry best practices
- Competence in configuring and troubleshooting basic network configuration and cabling
- Experience with basic Heatmapping
- Experience providing customer training and remote support
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Including:
- Paid holidays and Floating Holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401K savings and retirement plan
- Medical & Dental Options
- Many more
Salary Range:$46,400.00 - $69,600.00
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
Short/Long Term Disability
Integrated into our shared values is NCR Voyix’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR Voyix is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR Voyix has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR Voyix only accepts resumes from agencies on the preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR Voyix employees, or any NCR Voyix facility. NCR Voyix is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
“When applying for a job, please make sure to only open emails that you will receive during your application process that come from a @ncrvoyix.com email domain.”