Private Wealth Advisor III or IV
The Synovus Private Wealth Advisor works on or with a team of wealth management advisors. Team members in the role are responsible for the management of a portfolio of high net-worth clients and the development of new Private Wealth Management relationships. Recognizing the importance of every client interaction, team members work to consistently deliver a client experience that demonstrates they are proactively thinking to understand their clients' needs and offer solutions to meet or exceed their clients' priorities. They follow a disciplined process rooted in financial planning: 1) Understand clients' priorities; 2) Assess current state; and 3) Leverage PWM team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the efficient management and development of a portfolio of high net-worth relationships. The minimum target client has income plus liquidity equal to or greater than three quarters of a million dollars.
- Develops and manages complex, full service, integrated relationships for Private Wealth Management, including overseeing loan portfolios and financing initiatives.
- Develops sustainable, long-term solutions to fulfill the unique needs of existing and prospective clients; leverages financial planning services on behalf of client when appropriate; assists in providing advice and counsel, as relevant, in areas of banking and lending services, personal trust and estate services, investment management, insurance services, and retirement planning.
- Delivers a holistic Wealth Management experience by specifically identifying and addressing the client's priorities and appropriately engaging the subject matter experts in Synovus Private Wealth Management.
- Typically focuses majority of time on core banking and lending activities (administrative, regulatory, transactional) while delivering a client experience that demonstrates understanding of the client's needs and proactive thinking about wealth management issues, opportunities and solutions.
- Helps educate clients with the knowledge required to make sound decisions around their goals and objectives.
- Follows a structured process for delivering a distinguished client experience by conducting regular Relationship Assessment Reviews (current state of client's priorities, client loyalty, and proactive strategies and solutions development).
- Actively and positively participates in Private Wealth Management team interactions, partnering with the team's subject matter experts on behalf of the client.
- Analyzes financial and credit needs of the customer and provides recommendations of appropriate company products/services.
- May approve loans and terms within authorized limits, conferring with management on larger or more complex loans; monitors existing loan portfolios to detect development of unfavorable trends and ensure conformity with terms.
- Maintains a high profile in the community, actively networking to identify and capitalize on new business development opportunities.
- Aspires to highest regulatory ratings; meets all compliance requirements.
- May serve in a team-lead capacity, providing work/task related direction, advice and coaching to junior team members. Orients, trains, assigns and reviews work assignments and results, providing performance feedback and training.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- 8+ years job-specific banking experience, including 3 years experience working in Private Wealth Management
- Series 7; Series 66 (or both Series 63 and 65) Licenses; Variable Annuity License; State, Life, Accident and Sickness License (obtain within 12 months of assuming role).
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Private Wealth Management experience
- Advanced knowledge of investments and financial markets
- Thorough understanding of key planning issues affecting affluent and high net worth individuals
- Strong lending and credit experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and ask difficult personal questions
- Advanced knowledge of retail banking operational policies, Federal, State and other banking regulations and compliance requirements
- Advanced knowledge of banking products including lending, deposits and investment areas
- Proficient in related banking software and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competency and experience in developing and providing effective personal and business solutions in situations comprised of diverse scope and complexity
- CFP or CHFC designation