Family Office Client Service Associate
Provides research, analytical, and execution support to the Family Office Advisor. Aggregates and analyzes client data, prepares summary reports and presentations for client review and discussion, and tracks and reports on client-related projects. Serves as project manager working to coordinate client projects that require the support of Wealth Strategists, Portfolio Managers, and/or Family Office Specialists.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Aggregates and analyzes client data including personal/family balance sheets, cash flows, and other personal/family accounting statements; tax documents; investment account reports; and insurance and property ownership summaries.
- Collects and maintains client data, conducts ongoing information analysis, and produces written recommendations for Advisors that align with the client's goals and objectives.
- Generates client reports and presentations. Creates, tracks, and maintains reports that represent the client's financial standing. Develops visuals and illustrations that ease client comprehension of complex, and often unique, financial matters.
- Documents and reports ongoing client projects for both internal and external parties. Initiates meetings, identifies follow-up items, and manages execution of items across the larger client advisory team. Creates and maintains reports of accomplishments and ongoing or future projects.
- Works with Family Office Advisor to build strong and knowledgeable relationships with the client's internal and external advisor group including attorneys, bankers, and CPAs.
- Remains well-informed of ownership and financial structures, and client goals to assist in creation and management of sophisticated wealth transfer planning vehicles, investments, taxes, trusts, and other needs specific to family enterprise services.
- Conducts regular reviews of risk mitigation strategies and creates and maintains summary of all types of insurance policies. Collaborates with partner firms to develop risk services offerings specific to client's need.
- Develops and maintains marketing materials used in business and client development meetings. Produces prospect and client specific presentations. Creates client engagement proposals and responds to requests for proposal.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- Bachelor's degree
- No experience Required
- Certified Financial Planner and Certified Trust and Fiduciary designations required within five years.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate and adapt while responding to changing client needs and requests in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to think independently, analyze information, and formulate recommendations
- Deductive reasoning and strong problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.
- Graduate degree such as JD, MBA or MAcc
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Public Accountant or Certified Trust & Fiduciary Advisor (CTFA) designation
- Two years of experience in a wealth advising or legal services role
- Financial services industry experience
- Family office or family enterprise experience