Azure Cloud Principal - Remote
Designs, plans, manages, maintains and supports one or more cloud computing applications, services and public, private, and hybrid cloud architecture platforms. Focuses on the overall vision, long-term strategy, design, and integration of assigned platforms. Typically, leads other engineers and teams through projects and development lifecycles of platforms and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and develops best practices for larger cloud engineering teams.
- Develops and implements strategy related to cloud platforms and services to best serve the goals of the business.
- Coordinates with other teams and leadership to align strategy and project timelines.
- Oversees the design and implementation of cloud platforms and services.
- Leverages orchestration and automation techniques to drive efficiency.
- Provides high-level Tier 3 support and root cause analysis for critical outages and business impacts.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of professional job related experience as an engineer, architect or other related technical cloud-focused role including experience in cloud device management, secuity controls and POC design/build in a production environment in the cloud.
- Multiple expert-level cloud based certifications such as Microsoft 365: Messaging Administrator/Teams Administrator/Security Administrator Microsoft Azure: Administrator Exper/Security/DevOps/AI/Data Science, and those related to Solution Architect or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expertise with one or more common scripting and programming languages (e.g., Jason, Python, Ruby, C++, HTML, Java)
- Extensive knowledge of web services and integration methods (e.g., API, REST, RPC)
- Strong understanding of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a mix of business, technical, and architectural teams to accomplish a goal
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals in a busy workplace environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with databases platforms including SQL, NoSQL Postgre, and Mongo
- Experience with Microsoft's or Amazon's licensing and billing structures
- Knowledge or experience with financial applications, users, and teams
- Master's degree in related field