Universal Banker I or II - Houston Lake, Warner Robins
Entry-level banking role to build proficiency in both teller and banker functions. Operates as a multi-functional team member with the ability to process transactions, provide optimum service, and consult in an advisory role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction. Processes transactions accurately and efficiently while simultaneously introducing products and services that meet customer needs and encourages customers to expand their relationship with Synovus. Identifies customer needs as well as cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. Expands and retains customer relationships and contributes to the financial growth of the branch. Serves as the first line of defense in preventing fraud and mitigating risk. Demonstrates passion for delighting customers by living the Customer Covenant every day. On average, spends approximately 60% of time performing Teller functions and 40% of time performing Relationship Banker functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively and pleasantly greets customers to establish a connection and develop rapport, providing outstanding, personalized customer service. Executes a variety of customer transactions in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, and with a high level of accuracy and efficiency while maximizing the sales potential of every interaction.
- Assists customers with inquiries and provides issue resolution in a professional and composed manner. Thanks each customer for their business and treats every individual as a valued Synovus customer.
- Assists customers with routine inquires regarding account balances and account information. Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and balances. Prepares official checks and money orders. Refers customer to an officer for authorization to cash check when needed.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency. Balances cash drawer at the end of the day and reports any discrepancies. Checks the night depository bags and records information. Accepts retail and commercial deposits, verifies cash and endorsements and provides customer with a receipt. Accepts savings deposits and withdrawals, verifies signatures.
- Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial priorities employing a consultative sales approach to proactively identify both consumer and small business customer needs, and to build and deepen relationships by finding customized solutions to meet those needs. Pursues new business using sales management tools to proactively identify, retain and deepen current customer relationships and to identify and develop prospective clients or centers of influence.
- Opens and services accounts. Interviews consumer and small business loan applicants to identify loan opportunities and may process and close loans. Follows established policies and procedures with minimal exceptions. Ensures all operational tasks are completed and all exceptions are cleared in a timely manner.
- Optimizes the customer relationship referring customer to Synovus partners for cross selling opportunities. Promotes and explains Synovus products such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificate of deposits, travelers checks and credit cards. Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during sales campaigns and promotions. Utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and track referrals.
- Participates in daily kick-off and huddle activities, weekly sales meetings, and sales and training activities. Supports sales campaigns and bank initiatives. Champions products as assigned and shares specific product information and sales tips.
- Understands the bank's security policies and procedures. Assists with branch open and close procedures. Maintains codes, alarm functions, cameras, cash controls and other open and close related activities.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminal and other equipment used at the teller station. Ensures that the teller stations are properly stocked with forms and other supplies.
- Reads, comprehends and complies with all communications and directives in a timely manner. Follows ethical practices in all activities related to the branch including operations, customer treatment and sales activities. Effectively communicates with leadership and coworkers to promote a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Adheres to Branch Operations Standards, policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines to protect against risk. Maintains a high level of awareness to recognize and report suspected fraud. Follows the business code of conduct including reporting known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion. Completes compliance and other assigned training on time.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of customer service, sales or other related work experience or completion of one year of college/vocational school in lieu of work experience.
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Aptitude for consultative selling
- Strong listening and comprehension skills to be able to identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with customers
- Careful attention to detail with ability to manage time and multi-task
- Mathematical skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Familiarity with Synovus line of business partners including mortgage, private wealth management and merchant services
- Knowledge of consumer lending