Provides a variety of administrative, operational, and general office support to assigned manager and/or business unit. Maintains calendars and schedules meetings and conference calls. Monitors email inboxes and researches and manages information requests. Answers and directs telephone calls and greets visitors with a courteous and professional demeanor. Organizes data and prepares correspondence, reports and presentations. Coordinates travel arrangements and reimbursements. Participates in and contributes to various project teams. May train, assist and provide guidance to less experienced administrative staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Performs both routine and complex administrative and operational functions in support of a manager and/or business unit staff. Composes various types of correspondence, compiling and integrating data from a variety of sources. Creates, edits, proofreads and publishes formal presentations and reports adhering to established style guides and management/business unit preferences. May create and/or maintain departmental manuals.
- Facilitates management and business unit communications through email and hard copy. Provides support by assisting with the development of internal communications from draft state to final publication. Manages and routes sensitive and confidential information. Manages various email inboxes.
- Maintains management and business unit calendars and manages conference room schedules. Plans, coordinates and schedules meetings, appointments and conference calls. Reserves meeting spaces and equipment. Attends staff meetings and other meetings and records meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and off-site meetings and events including scheduling facilities, equipment and catering. Prepares, assembles and distributes meeting agendas and event materials. Makes travel arrangements, coordinating flights, car rental, and hotel accommodations as needed.
- Processes monthly credit card statements, out-of-pocket expenses, and invoices for management and/or business unit. Creates, submits and monitors expense reports and associated documentation using internal expense reporting system. Coordinates various daily, weekly, monthly reporting.
- Responds to internal and external inquires regarding the business unit via email and telephone. Screens and routes telephone calls, assisting callers as required. Relays messages to appropriate team members. Greets visitors in a professional and courteous manner. Notifies staff of visitors and/or directs visitor as appropriate.
- Establishes and manages paper and electronic filing systems. Prepares, reviews, distributes and files routine correspondence, memoranda, letters and reports. Gathers, sorts and distributes incoming office mail.
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies. Operates office equipment such as copy and fax machines, scanners, and phone systems. Arranges for equipment repairs as needed.
- May serve on one or more project teams that require cross collaboration of team members. Facilitates communication efforts throughout the business unit and assists in tracking project timelines and meeting deadlines.
- Provides back-up support and coverage to other administrative staff as required. May train and assist less experienced administrative assistants within the same business unit. Develops and maintains positive working relationships. Supports groups initiatives and works to reach common goals.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in an administrative support role performing a wide variety of administrative and/or operational responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain information in a logical and easily accessible manner
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to portray a positive image of the business unit represented
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within and outside the company
- Detail oriented and focused
- Ability to create documents in an efficient and timely manner with minimal errors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of standard office equipment, it's operation and use
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Industry and/or departmental specific experience
- Associate's degree