Customer Care Specialist I - onsite, Roswell
Under direct supervision, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, responds to telephone, email and internet-based inquiries from Synovus customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Resolves customer inquiries fairly and effectively providing accurate product and service information. Anticipates customer needs and identifies referral opportunities. Takes 100% responsibility for every customer interaction. Exercises good judgment in accordance with current policies and procedures when resolving customer situations. Recognizes potential exceptions and seeks assistance when necessary. Analyzes and resolves customer issues by utilizing problem solving skills and information from multiple computer databases and systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries and concerns in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Serves as a point of contact and information resource assisting customers with pending requests, discrepancies, statement issues, check holds, overdrafts, and service charges. Forwards complex or unusual requests to team lead or manager.
- Owns the customer experience taking immediate action to resolve customer issues. Thanks each customer for their business and treats every individual as a valued Synovus customer.
- Conducts account activity research and completes customer account maintenance, such as account-type changes, address changes, and statement requests.
- Utilizes internal systems and programs to document, track, and monitor each call received and processes associated paperwork. Creates detailed documentation to ensure inquires are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains awareness of required customer follow-up, timeliness, and work assignment completion rates. Achieves established work assignment accuracy goals.
- Recognizes and leverages opportunities to increase revenue by deepening customer relationships through referral of Synovus products and services in support of company sales initiatives and to meet customer needs.
- Explores options with customers to find the best products and services for current and long-term banking needs. Articulates detailed information including product features and benefits.
- Remains current regarding Synovus policy, product and procedural changes including customer mailings and promotions and incorporates any changes into everyday working procedures.
- Continuously increases knowledge of products and services offered by Synovus through self-motivation, formal education, seminars and available in-house training
- Works to exceed customer expectations and quality and productivity standards to support department and company goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrates Synovus HERO characteristics each day including honoring the customer covenant, exceeding expectations, recognizing customer needs, and owning the customer experience.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Communications skills including ability to convey information in a receptive manner
- Conflict and problem resolution skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Retail banking or banking related contact center experience
- Knowledge of banking transactions and policies/procedures associated with establishing customer accounts
- Familiarity with Synovus Customer Care related programs, systems, and databases
- Interpersonal and rapport building skills
- Ability to comfortably navigate in an ever-changing technical systems environment