Retail Market Mgr I, II, III, IV or RM Ldr - Canton
Leads and develops a high performing team and is accountable for assigned retail market and portfolio. Identifies small business lending and deposit solutions to add value to clients and prospects, delivers customer service that differentiates Synovus from competitors, networks and gives back to the community, and runs an operationally sound branch while learning best practices through training, coaching and mentors. Works closely with and assists senior level Retail Market Managers with business development efforts, primarily in small business lending, deposit acquisition, and customer retention. Builds personal relationships with customers, prospects and team members and is passionate about strengthening the community as a market leader. Coaches and develops team to expand and develop customer relationships while remaining focused on providing an exceptional customer experience. Executes corporate and market-based sales and marketing strategies. Models Synovus' culture and values. Ensures operational integrity by serving as the first line of defense with regard to preventing fraud and mitigating risk.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages functions and team members of a small full service branch. Ensures overall branch success, including branch profitability, sales, customer experience, and team development. Creates, maintains and carries out the branch business plan and sales activity plan.
- Owns the customer experience within the branch taking immediate action to resolve customer issues. Ensures ethical practices are followed in all activities related to the branch including operations, customer treatment and overall sales and referral activities.
- Learns techniques and begins to coach and develop branch personnel in assessing customer needs and maximizing sales opportunities through direct sales and referrals to business partners within other areas of the company.
- Begins to develop and maintain a quality, diversified loan portfolio, including various types of loan programs such as consumer, small business and real estate. May delegate the majority of consumer lending activities to branch sales team.
- Participates in outside calling activities to small business owners. Collaborates with business partners such as private wealth, financial planning, commercial banking and other line-of-business segments to strategize and develop comprehensive banking relationships.
- Uses sales management tools to proactively identify, retain and deepen current customer relationships and to identify and develop prospective clients or centers of influence. Serves as the primary contact for small business relationships within designated market.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with community based organizations and actively serves in a leadership capacity in support of bank goals and programs. Establishes and maintains a strong sense of community within the branch.
- Protects the assets of the bank by aggressively managing credit quality and minimizing losses. Reviews risk management reports and coaches team on risk-related and/or quality issues. Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risks of exposure.
- Ensures the operational integrity of the branch and ensures team compliance with bank regulations, policies and procedures. Keeps abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations. Partners with Regional Operations Manager to address operational concerns.
- Communicates key information to the branch team regarding changes to bank policies, procedures, products and services. Provides coaching and training to team members regarding the introduction or referral of products and services to customers.
- Models Synovus' culture and values in everyday interactions with team members, customers and business partners. Promotes a positive work culture by increasing and supporting team member engagement and develops strategies that reinforce Synovus' culture and values.
- Manages the annual performance management and merit processes for direct and indirect reports. Coaches and develops team members and builds a work environment where team members are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in the company. Works closely with Human Resources regarding employee relations, compensation, training, posting and filling vacant positions and other Human Resources related matters.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of relevant sales and customer service experience with Bachelor's degree in finance/business related field; or five years banking, outside sales or sales management experience in a goal-oriented environment in lieu of a degree (years of experience may be reduced by years of post-secondary education completed).
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to coach, inspire, develop and lead a team to achieve results
- Ability to continually support team members through individual development plans
- Strong listening skills and a positive communicator
- Aptitude for effective problem-solving
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of state and federal banking compliance regulations
- Knowledge of branch banking and operational functions, bank services and products, and related policies and procedures
- Knowledge of banking products including lending, deposits and investment areas
- Knowledge of consumer and small business lending, underwriting activities, and applicable terminology
- Recipient of sales awards
- Leadership roles within community, such as local chamber or non-profit boards