Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst - Hybrid
Supports Wholesale bankers and Credit Risk Managers in the assessment of client credit risks as well as industry risks and trends. Conducts detailed credit analysis based on information provided by the borrower, publicly available information, evaluation of the borrower's credit needs, and the ability to pay across a range of products against established credit standards. Complies with internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Helps drive and support innovation and continuous efficiency improvements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with bankers and Credit Risk Managers in the assessment of client credit risks as well as industry risks and trends. Prepares in-depth analyses of client financial statements, historical and projected operating performance, business plans, capital structures and other supplemental information from a wide variety of sources.
- Prepares thorough servicing reviews on a periodic basis and participates in the risk rating verification process. Works with bankers and Credit Risk Managers regarding risk rating overrides. Conducts timely covenant compliance reviews and analyses. Assists CRMs in the monitoring of receipt of current and adequate financial statements. Completes spreads and also forwards statements for spreading and ensures upload to internal databases/systems.
- Prepares analyses of traditional commercial lending, commercial real estate lending, leveraged financing, and cash flow lending, where applicable relative to assignments. Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and company guidelines, policies and procedures. Prepares documentation for loan discussion, approval and committee presentation purposes at direction of Credit Risk Managers in conjunction with the Director, Credit Risk Analysts.
- Supports bankers with large and/or complex client accounts. Works with bankers and Credit Risk Managers throughout the cross-selling process by identifying credit-worthy prospects.
- Under the direction of more senior-level staff, completes a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area. Helps drive and support innovation and continuous efficiency improvements. Participates in special projects as required
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of experience as a Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst; or graduate of Synovus' Accelerated Banker program; or two years of credit analysis experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products including advanced Excel modeling skills