Temporary Teller - Barnett Shoals (Athens, GA)
Serves as the main point of contact for customer transactions, providing a positive experience that leads to customer satisfaction and product referrals and sales. Serves as the first line of defense in preventing fraud and mitigating risk. Processes transactions accurately and efficiently while simultaneously introducing products and services that meet customer needs and encourages customers to expand their relationship with Synovus. Demonstrates passion for delighting customers by living the Synovus Customer Covenant every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively and pleasantly greets customers to establish a connection and develop rapport, providing outstanding, personalized customer service. Executes a variety of customer transactions in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, and with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists customers with inquiries and provides issue resolution in a professional and composed manner. Thanks each customer for their business and treats every individual as a valued Synovus customer. Escalates issues to management as required.
- Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial priorities and promotes bank products and services accordingly. Promotes and explains Synovus products such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificate of deposits, travelers checks and credit cards.
- Assists customers with routine inquires regarding account balances and account information. Cashes checks and processes withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and balances. Prepares official checks and money orders. Refers customer to an officer for authorization to cash check when needed.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency. Balances cash drawer at the end of the day and reports any discrepancies. Checks the night depository bags and records information. Accepts retail and commercial deposits, verifies cash and endorsements and provides customer with a receipt. Accepts savings deposits and withdrawals, verifies signatures.
- Follows Synovus' Customer Service Standards, creating an industry leading customer service experience. Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Participates in daily kick-off and huddle activities, weekly sales meetings, and sales and training activities. Champions products as assigned and shares specific product information and sales tips.
- Conducts outbound calls to customers, providing excellent service and ensuring customer needs are met. Utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and track referrals.
- Understands the bank's security policies and procedures. Assists with branch open and close procedures. Maintains codes, alarm functions, cameras, cash controls and other open and close related activities.
- Utilizes override authority in accordance with established guidelines. Serves as the IBS Teller Insight Branch Administrator as needed, including updating profiles for users, assigning authority, and other IBS Teller Insight Administration tasks. Performs vault teller responsibilities as needed.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminal and other equipment used at the teller station. Ensures that the teller stations are properly stocked with forms and other supplies.
- Complies with all communications and directives in a timely manner. Communicates with leadership and team members to promote a positive and collaborative team environment. Performs all duties in compliance with BSA/AML regulations and requirements. Obtains adequate data for CIP on all wire and money instrument transactions. Monitors and reports suspicious activity to the BSA Officer.
- Adheres to established branch operation standards, policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines to protect against risk. Follows the business code of conduct including reporting known or suspected violations in a timely manner. Completes compliance and other assigned training within required timeframes.
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of customer service, sales or other related work experience or completion of one year of college/vocational school in lieu of work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong listening and comprehension skills to be able to identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with customers
- Ability to read, perform basic math functions, follow written instructions and learn new information
- Careful attention to detail with ability to manage time and multi-task
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with cash handling is preferred.
- Knowledge of bank operations, policies and procedures and federal bank regulations
- Knowledge of bank products, services, policies and procedures