2024 Engineering Summer Intern
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Our Engineering team
At U.S. Bank, we deliver high performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables across the Enterprise. Our team uses technology acumen to provide input to assist with the evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design of applications and services. Our work is structured and collaborative, with on-the-job training including construction, automation, debugging and implementation.
What you’ll do
Engineering is a multi-faceted, ever-evolving field. Our 10-week paid internship will provide you with foundational experience and skill development through a mix of on-the-job training, mentorship, a community of peers and advisors, and a pathway to our full-time Engineering Rotation Program upon graduation.
As an Engineering Intern, you will:
- Get hands-on experience working on engineering projects that impact the business
- Enhance your engineering skills and learn the nuances of banking technology related to engineering practices
- Develop technical and business acumen through training, mentorship, and exposure to senior executives
- Build a supportive community of peers through a variety of cohort strengthening activities such as social events, volunteer days, and development workshops
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology and innovation? If you love to learn through meaningful, hands-on work and are curious about a career in either software or infrastructure engineering, then our engineering internship might be right for you!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree computer science, software engineering, information technology, management information systems, data science, mathematics, or similar majors with a target graduation date of December 2024 or May 2025
- Good understanding of engineering terms, concepts, and applications through relevant coursework or projects in computer science, software design, cloud computing and user experience. Demonstrate proficiency in at least one programming language (i.e., Python, Java or similar)
- Indicates familiarity with current and emerging technologies and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Ability to start internship program on June 10, 2024
- Desire to collaborate with multiple teams
- Leadership experiences in extracurricular activities
- Experience that required analytics, root cause analysis, and creative thinking
- Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
Working model and hours:
This role is hybrid. Interns who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
Interns work approximately 40-hours each week during the internship.
The application process
If you are interested in applying and learning more, click on the Apply Now icon to submit your application. Most applications will be closed on September 29, 2023.
- Meaningful, hands-on work that impacts the business
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership, U.S. Bank team members, and interns
- Option for sign-on bonus
- Potential for a fulltime offer upon graduation into a rotational program
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $20.00 - $26.68 - $29.35