Ascent Investment Consulting Managing Director
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Ascent Private Capital Management services clients with net worth in excess of $75MM, with average client assets above $100MM. The Managing Director, Investments (MDI) is the lead investment professional responsible for the management of investment advice and strategies to an exclusive group of ultra-high-net-worth (UHNW) clients.
In this role, the MDI leads the investment function on the regional team and is ultimately responsible for a book of investment client relationships. The MDI leads the coordination of client communications for their investment team to deliver asset management oversight, asset allocation, manager selection and due diligence coordination of all client relationships within their book of business. The MDI participates in and contributes to the investment strategy and platform development across the broader Wealth Management organization. In addition, they have a key role in developing Ascent’s presence in the UHNW market including representation of the business segment in the region and at community events along with developing and closing new business opportunities. The MDI reports directly to the Regional Managing Director for the region.
• Responsible for retention, development and growth of book of business
• Provide and/or coordinate advice and counsel to clients and prospects in the areas of investments.
• Ensure the investment functions are performed at an exceptional level while maintaining proper risk management and client satisfaction
• Proactively identify potential business opportunities and/or high-risk situations
• Responsible for the coordination of investment team functions for assigned book of business to ensure the Ascent client experience is consistently meeting the standards set forth by leadership.
• 15+ years of portfolio management experience
• 5+ years working with alternative assets
• Extensive UHNW client and COI network in the market they are leading
• Prefer advanced expertise that is directly relevant to UHNW clients (MBA, CFA, etc.) in the Region
• Industry leading business development and networking acumen
• Public speaking ability and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead client engagements and develop new relationships
• Well-developed leadership abilities and strategic management skills
• Thorough knowledge of division and relation to industry
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Considerable tact, diplomacy and people skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $175,440.00 - $206,400.00 - $227,040.00